Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colombia vs Uruguay 9pm/Sat 28th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Colombia have two players over the age of 29. One of them is Mondragon, the 43 year old goalkeeper who came on at the end of the Japan game, and is very unlikely to play again.

Eamonn is talking bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

kryogen wrote: »
    This, continuously and the Suarez/bite jokes have made this match so much better you know.

every time they get repeated. Every time.

OK

th?&id=HN.608029707027942580&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

jodaw wrote: »
    James? it is Ha mes You ignoramus...

Hope they are kissing the world cup next week. Whilst you sit there like the fool you are.

When your finished abusing whichever of the panel it your having a go at, any sign of these pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Will be sad to follow James's progress from a talented yet modest young potential star into a knobhead like Ronaldo in a few years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Colombia, the cause of, and solution to, a certain analyst's issues...

Eamo is on fire here :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Get out of here eamonm colombia will go all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I see a fist fit coming on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Eamon Dunphy: the single biggest hindrance to the "statistics don't matter" argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Brazil will be happy back in their hotel as long as they dont look at the video of their own performance..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

After Dunphy slagging Columbia I expect them to beat Brazil by 4 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

The panel are particularly idiotic tonight. Didi just wants to stay out of trouble and Bill is trying to stir the pot.

How is Cuadrado a headless chicken. My god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

What is he spouting on about.

I feel concerned for eamon if he doesnt think colombia are better than brazil at this world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

... and now he is completely backtracking on his Chile claim. Must have had a few in him at the time.

• Advertisement

Beneath it all, I actually see his point you know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Didi is very quiet. Must be thinking these two are fúckwits

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Bill made Eamon look like some dope with cuadrado's assist stats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

kryogen wrote: »
    When your finished abusing whichever of the panel it your having a go at, any sign of these pics?

I was just living the dream mate. Getting in the spirit of things and dreaming of having some prime Colombian beauty here beside. It worked since my bets came in...

still a man can dream. over to the hotties thread now:D

statesaver wrote: »
    Didi is very quiet. Must be thinking these two a fúckwits

I was just thinking the same... The only one of them to play in a world cup and he's being treated like a reserve..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

jodaw wrote: »
    I was just living the dream mate. Getting in the spirit of things and dreaming of having some prime Colombian beauty here beside. It worked since my bets came in...

still a man can dream. over to the hotties thread now:D

Go out and get a slapper or a hooker for jaysus sake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Usually I don't mind Eamon, and take his punditry for what it is.

but his ignorance of the quality of that team actually made that post-match unwatchable for me; his opinion is so wrong that it's insulting.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy: the single biggest hindrance to the "statistics don't matter" argument.

And thats why he doesnt win at gambling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Let the man speak Eamon

Go out and get a slapper or a hooker for jaysus sake...

Yes. Yes i will :D. I can put my winnings to good use

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

statesaver wrote: »
    Didi is very quiet. Must be thinking these two are fúckwits

Didi claimed during the week that Columbia bringing on the sub keeper for a few minutes was 'bad karma' didn't affect them tonight anyway.

Dunphy completely changed his position on Suarez a couple of days after the incident.. Did anybody else notice that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

COMPLETELY disagree with Eamon and the panel that Chile are a better team than Colombia (are they forgetting that Chile lost 2-0 to the Netherlands?). I think Colombia are a seriously good side and will cause Brazil all sorts of problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Columbian manager should show clips of Dunphy's 'expert analysis' to his players ahead of the Brazil game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The panel are particularly idiotic tonight. Didi just wants to stay out of trouble and Bill is trying to stir the pot.

How is Cuadrado a headless chicken. My god.

Cuadrado has been outstanding for Fiorentina for 2 seasons now.

Shows what Dunphy knows about European Football....the sum of Sweet FA

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Didi claimed during the week that Columbia bringing on the sub keeper for a few minutes was 'bad karma' didn't affect them tonight anyway.

Forgot about that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Really enjoyed watching Colombia play again tonight. Well deserved win and this fantastic World Cup keeps on delivering.

Eamon is pissed.

Just looking at that amazing goal by James Rodriguez... Can you imagine if that chance had fallen to Hulk in the previous game... The ball would be landed outside the stadium with snow on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Eamon talking a fierce amount of ****e. That Colombian team are solid enough and are well on with a chance of beating Brazil. I fancy them to do it actually. Eamon saying they're a team of headless chickens is very unfair, I think. They've been one of the most exciting teams in the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is it just me or is Eamon slurring his words. Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Eamon talking a fierce amount of ****e. That Colombian team are solid enough and are well on with a chance of beating Brazil. I fancy them to do it actually. Eamon saying they're a team of headless chickens is very unfair, I think. They've been one of the most exciting teams in the tournament.

Ah Amoan is just pissed because his tip to win the World Cup, Chile, were knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

So Chile were gonna be "World Cup winners" but Colombia are "headless chickens" according to Clown Dunphy :rolleyes:

Lapin wrote: »
    The Columbian manager should show clips of Dunphy's 'expert analysis' to his players ahead of the Brazil game.

He'd probably ask "Eamon who?"

• Advertisement

Is it just me or is Eamon slurring his words. Seriously

A few people here have made reference to him being drunk. I didnt notice it to be honest.. But I have had a glass of wine meself.. :o

Lapin wrote: »

He's talking nonsense in his dismissal of them. They've won four from four and scored 11 goals in the process against Brazil's two wins and two draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Dunphy is only saying they are naive cos he knows nothing about them. Would it kill the lazy hoor to do a bit of research. He'd then save himself from making a tit of himself on live telly. He probably backed Uruguay cos Godin is the only player he knows well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He's a useless spoofer

They're not just solid, they're playing better football than Brazil and look sky high on confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Columbia look good but I wouldn't get as carried away as a lot on here, they came through an easy group and beat a very average Uruguay side. Good going forward but look suspect at the back at times. Should be a cracking game against Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Columbia are great to watch. I'm glad they went through and I hope they do Brazil as well. If Fernandinho doesn't start for the hosts then I'd fancy Columbia to win.

Eamo is right to have reservations about Columbia's nous, but, as he likes to do, he's gone way too far and is left talking shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Strazdas wrote: »
    He's talking nonsense in his dismissal of them. They've won four from four and scored 11 goals in the process against Brazil's two wins and two draws.

And currently have the top goal scorer of the tournament!

Still though, i don't think they will walk over Brazil either. It swill be another good match though, especially if the blond chick is there again :). I would worry about tiredness in the Brazil squad after that marathon against Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Strazdas wrote: »
    They're not just solid, they're playing better football than Brazil and look sky high on confidence.

I'm not fully convinced on them being very solid. They were a bit lucky against Ivory Coast and even tonight against a poor enough Uruguay team, they gave up a few decent chances.

Will be a good game though. Will be interesting to see Brazil's starting lineup.

Colombia have always brought great colour and fun to the World Cup. Some of my earliest world cup memories are of that header Rene Higuita.

The story behind the USA world cup and Colombia being classed as the favourites going into it is both tragic and so interesting.

It is a wonderful country are they are an amazing passionate people. I would love to see them win it so much but they always seem to come up short. Still this is their time.

Vamos Colombia.:eek: Eres espectacular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Now Neymar is ****

• Advertisement
Advertisement