Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netherlands vs Mexico 5pm / Sun 29th

• 27-06-2014 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Third match of the second round, The Netherlands take on Mexico at 5pm on Sunday the 29th.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

2-0 Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think Mexico might win this, they have been impressive so far. I'm still not sure about the Dutch, they could have been 2 down to Spain and Australia gave them a good rattle. They do have Robben and Van Persie but the Mexican defence has been solid.

Netherlands 1 Mexico 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Again, like the Brazil Chile game, people are talking about a shock, so again I will go against the grain and predict Holland, sorry The Netherlands, to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mexico winning 2-1 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

VIVA MEXICO CABRONES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I'd like to see Mexico win but just can't see them holding a Holland attack that is on fire. And if they don't I can't see them outscoring the Dutch in a shootout unfortunately. Hope I'm proved stupid and wrong but it's Holland 2-0 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can't wait to see how animated mexican coach Miguel Herrerra gets

he's some character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

^ ^ ^ ^

Reminds me of this.....

31723_11111.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Really looking forward to this game . Actually, its a pity these two teams are meeting so soon would have enjoyed to have seen both in the later stages.

Tough to call IMO ,maybe Holland will just shade it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

^ ^ ^ ^

Reminds me of this.....

31723_11111.gif

He just went Super Mexican.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Having a Dutch uncle & cousins and spending many summers there, pretty much mean I've always supported Holland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Dutch team has a few changes - Cillessen, Vlaar, De Vrij, Blind, De Jong, Van Persie, Sneijder, Robben, Verhaegh, Kuyt, Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Each game they've played has seen a different Dutch setup and different players

I suppose if it works Van Gaal will be hailed a genius if it doesn't people will ask why he kept changing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Mexico haven't been great; they struggle for goals except for the last twenty minutes against Croatia when Croatia were throwing everything forward.

Netherlands have been mostly unstoppable - think they will win this comfortably enough - two or three nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's a hot day in fortaleza in the 30s and a 1 pm kick off will favour mexico I wouldn't be surprised with extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

What will the Dutch formation be? Where does Verheaugh play? Fancy backing an attacking midfielder as FGS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Temperatures are supposed to be in the 30's. Drinks breaks planned. I can see Mexico winning this. Still not sure about the Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Fescue wrote: »
    Temperatures are supposed to be in the 30's. Drinks breaks planned. I can see Mexico winning this. Still not sure about the Dutch.

Mexicans will be use to playing in this weather, but Holland will outclass them 2-0 rvp first scorer

It's a hot day in fortaleza in the 30s and a 1 pm kick off will favour mexico I wouldn't be surprised with extra time

Bloody ridiculous to think, that Holland has had to play every game during the hottest part of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What's Hoddle like with his sunglasses on.

• Advertisement

Mexicans will be use to playing in this weather, but Holland will outclass them 2-0 rvp first scorer

I think the Mexicans are better than many give them credit for.

Given how many problems the Dutch had overcoming Australia, I can see the Mexicans winning this.

Come on Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Are RTE going showing ads during the water breaks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have to laugh with people saying the South Americans and Central American teams are used to playing in there temps when most of their league games would kick off later in the day than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Interested to see how Herrera plays, still want the Dutch to win, they are as likeable as I can remember them being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nice to see a purist European team today who will play pure football not like those nasty South Americans like Uruguay

The Mexican commentators are harsh but fair. Well worth a watch this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The Mexican manager is refreshing to see ,Nice to see a manager showing some emotion better than just sitting there like some of the other managers, .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

The world's eyes fixed on a seleção, but a great beast awakes from it's slumber in Europe. The Dutch have cast off the shackles of Iberian domination and now have their eyes fixed on the biggest prize of all. The golden generation is over, collapsed under the weight of expectation. But the orange generation is here, and maybe, just maybe, it will run like clockwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

I see Dunphy isn't aloud out to play today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

ITV looking for the English to take some credit in how van Gaal is managing the Netherlands, cringe worthy.

Netherlands to win 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Martin O Neill totally missing the point the Dutch journalist made about Van Gaal being revolutionary with his 3-5-2 formation. Listen to the bloody interview properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

RVP hattrick pls.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Why do so many people use the term Holland? It's not dissimilar to calling the Irish team Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Peter Collins, off to the BBC/UTV it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Why no Kerr? The feedback to his commentary has been positive if boards is anything to go by, not a Beglin fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mexico haven't been great; they struggle for goals except for the last twenty minutes against Croatia when Croatia were throwing everything forward.

Netherlands have been mostly unstoppable - think they will win this comfortably enough - two or three nil.

Netherlands looked pretty average against Australia and did not like when the Aussies got in their face (as the Dutch did against Spain).

I fancy them to scrape a win here but it will be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Why do so many people use the term Holland? It's not dissimilar to calling the Irish team Leinster.

Why do people get upset when people say it? Didn't Bill have to apologise for saying it the last day, talk about silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dutch anthem v boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Draw/Holland @4/1 with Paddy Power will be my bet for this game.

Stupidly stuck a few quid on Depay anytime scorer before looking at the lineups. D'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Thats one nice looking ptch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Hello pretty lady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Are RTE going showing ads during the water breaks?

Yes. Irish Water commercial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Dutch players call it Holland so I think it might be okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Mexico are underrated by a lot of people. They are a very strong team imo and I think this will be a very tight game. I think the Mexicans will just about shade it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Hello pretty lady

Very pretty lady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

bantee wrote: »
    What will the Dutch formation be? Where does Verheaugh play? Fancy backing an attacking midfielder as FGS
    He's a right back, it'll be curious to see how they line up. Van Gaal tends to like to play with one spare center back. So i reckon he'll go with a 3-4-1-2 with Verheaugh at right wing back and kuyt at left wing back. Weird seeing Kuyt play there but he did pretty well against Chile.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hopefully a dour 0-0 followed by Mexico winning in extra time with the last kick of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Why do people get upset when people say it? Didn't Bill have to apologise for saying it the last day, talk about silly.

ITV will have it as Holland on-screen.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Go Mexico!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
Advertisement