Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to/from Wicklow Town for Garth Brooks concerts

• 27-06-2014 3:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of any transport options that may be available for the Garth Brooks concerts in Croke Park. Lucky me will be working all five dates and I'm trying to find out some way of getting me home to Wicklow Town every night, if it's even possible! It may be possible for me to get a from some nearby towns if there's no option to Wicklow itself.

I'd appreciate if anyone could let me if they know of any.

Thanks
    MCR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meso Harney

Bus Eireann?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Bus Eireann?

Last 133 leaves at 11. Would never make it on time. Thus why I'm looking for alternative options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

002 Wexford bus leaves busaras at 20 past midnight it use to go into Ashford not sure if it still does,
    if not the beehive would be nearest stop if you can get someone to pick u up there around 1.10 according to timetable

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1377070780-002.pdf

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

vickers209 wrote: »
    002 Wexford bus leaves busaras at 20 past midnight it use to go into Ashford not sure if it still does,
    if not the beehive would be nearest stop if you can get someone to pick u up there around 1.10 according to timetable

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1377070780-002.pdf

I had heard that the 002 didn't stop at the Beehive anymore but it appears that it still does sometimes though there's definitely no more stops in Ashford or Wicklow so that might suit as long as I can get out on time. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

Think they stopped the stops at the beehive and jack whites for a few weeks but reinstated them a short while later after complaints.

From a thread on here jan13
    Bus Eireann have done a U-turn on Wicklow routes according to a letter they sent to Wicklow Councillor Pat Fitzgerald.
    The letter read as follows
    Following recent correspondence in relation to our commercial Expressway service Route 2 Wexford-Dublin, I wanted to update you on revisions to the route that we have submitted to the National Transport Authority following feedback from yourself, fellow public representatives, and our customers.
    The main changes are:
    Route 2 will stop in Arklow at Lidl, Main Street & Ferrybank
    Some services on route 2 will now stop at Jack White's Cross / Ballinacor / Beehive
    There will be a new routing in/out of Dublin City via Lesson Street and Donnybrook to counter congestion, and new stops in Dublin City Centre including the O2 and Convention Centre, IFSC.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056758342

• Advertisement
Advertisement