Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs Algeria 9pm / Mon 30th

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Another thing to note, and a problem for him last season when Walcott was out. Is that he works best playing with players with pace to make runs. Germany lack this at the minute, especially noticeable last night.

Draxler and Schurrle out wide, Muller up front and Ozil in the middle of it all would suit him perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pro. F wrote: »
    Draxler and Schurrle out wide, Muller up front and Ozil in the middle of it all would suit him perfectly.

I completely forgot about Draxler being in the squad. Has he gotten on the pitch at all yet in the world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

farna_boy wrote: »
    I don't think you are right about Arsenal fans being insecure about him or just defending him because he is an Arsenal player. Because of his label of being "the best number 10 in the world", people expect him to play a certain way and have certain expectations about him. I had never seen him play to any large extent and was only made aware of this label sometime after he started when rival fans started throwing it about the place.

After watching him for the last season, I like a lot of other Arsenal fans, know what to expect of him and his style of play. He is exceptionally good at what he does but a lot of what he does can go unnoticed as he is not the Henry type of player who will run at people or say a Toure type who will go in, make a tackle, win the ball and go on a storming run.

Ozil instead will just pick out that one crucial pass that will open up the game or allow someone else to score. Because he makes those types of passes though, he can appear to give the ball away frequently and have a bad game. I think his body language also gives people a really bad impression and makes it look like he doesn't care but that is only people's perception and I'm not sure he can do a lot about that.

Saying all that, he didn't have his best game last night but was one of the better German players, in a fairly average German side that turned up last night. His stats show that despite how people expect a £42M player to play.

The bit in bold is complete horseshíte, in fairness. I don't support Arsenal or any club team for that matter, but I think Arsenal fans are a bit sensitive about Ozil. For example, and I know they play in slightly different positions, I would consider Walcott a more dangerous player than Ozil, because of his pace and finishing ability, yet on a global level Ozil is held in way higher esteem, which I find interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I completely forgot about Draxler being in the squad. Has he gotten on the pitch at all yet in the world cup?

Don't think so. I might be mixing him up with another player, but I think Lowe had some falling out with Draxler a while ago and was almost not going to take him in the squad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

GBXI wrote: »
    The bit in bold is complete horseshíte, in fairness. I don't support Arsenal or any club team for that matter, but I think Arsenal fans are a bit sensitive about Ozil. For example, and I know they play in slightly different positions, I would consider Walcott a more dangerous player than Ozil, because of his pace and finishing ability, yet on a global level Ozil is held in way higher esteem, which I find interesting.

Wait until Walcott comes back and then see the supply of ball Ozil will provide.

Advertisement