Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs Algeria 9pm / Mon 30th

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HT: Bayern 0-0 Algeria

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Very enjoyable half to watch. Algeria looked very tired towards the last few minutes though which isn't a good sign when Germany has such quality on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Excellent game, Algeria have been outstanding.

German fullbacks are just stop gaps, Reus is a big miss, Goetze offers very little from out wide.

Wouldn't be surprised if Halihodzic won best coach, if such an award exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Algeria are more dynamic and committed than we can ever hope to be. They're serious athletes with pace in abundance, a completely different kettle of fish from us.

Do you know that Trap's Ireland beat Algeria 3-0 last time out?

You can't compare how you are as you are ignoring too many factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

We've had a real treat of great goal keepers this World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Algeria look extremely dangerous on the break and should have had one already. M'Bolhi doing a great job in goals too when he has been called upon.

Germany would be in all sorts of bother only for their star centre back Manuel Neuer.

I think they need to put Lahm at right back and bring in Khedira, they are getting murdered down their right side and Mustafi is lost out there I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

need schurrle on for pace in behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Hope Lothar Mathaus is in the dressing room, needs to have a word with Lahm. He's bombing forward way too early leaving it wide open behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ireland are well capable of playing as good as this Algerian team, its just our players havent got the balls to have a real go at a team. Remember our game in Paris we absolutely battered France, only time I have ever seen an Irish team play with no fear.

That game must be almost five years ago now. The likes of Keane are almost past it and of course Duff is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

As savage as it is to see a team play with the heart and desire of the Algerians, surely they cant keep a performance like that going for 90mins. It all spells doom for me. Germans will start turning the screw now soon. Algeria will have nothing left in the tank to stop them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Probably because he sometimes plays there for Bayern and it works just fine.

But in the national team he's lost there, he should be moved to RB and put Khedira in his current position.

Didn't exactly work against Madrid last season for Bayern either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

The photographer in the sombrero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That game must be almost five years ago now. The likes of Keane are almost past it and of course Duff is gone.

But the mindset was to go out and just attack and play without fear. I think we give too much respect to the bigger nations same way England do.

But the mindset was to go out and just attack and play without fear. I think we give too much respect to the bigger nations same way England do.

This Algerian side is technically superior and far more comfortable on the ball than we are. But thats nothing really new. North African sides have always been easy on the eye and attack minded - but they have added athleticism to their game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Neuers heat map from that half

article-2401726-1B7545AB000005DC-958_634x461.jpg

Ireland are well capable of playing as good as this Algerian team, its just our players havent got the balls to have a real go at a team. Remember our game in Paris we absolutely battered France, only time I have ever seen an Irish team play with no fear.

You're probably right except all the "pride in the green jersey" stuff is just talk these days. In fairness Trappatoni would beat down the best men. Hopefully O'Neill can change this.

Mustafi has to score there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This Algerian side is technically superior and far more comfortable on the ball than we are. But thats nothing really new. North African sides have always been easy on the eye and attack minded - but they have added athleticism to their game now.

True enough but we have to look at how we develop our young talent because theres no reason why we cant bring through players who are technically very good. Look at the standard of players the likes of Croatia produce (similar population)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dreadful attempt at a header

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Germany getting the better chances now.

• Advertisement

Pass and a half that from Neuer. Great defending in turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Neuer is mad. MAD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Neuer living very dangerously there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

A pure Ciaran McDonald ball in from Neuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bloody hell, end to end stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

German's shouldn't have killed Romell, he knew how to fight the North Africans

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

This is so entertaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Neur being the deep lying playmaker too.

Best game of the knockout phase so far. Imagine if we get a goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Neuer is mad. MAD.

He always wanted to be an outfield player, wants his role to be converted like Lahm has been :P

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you know that Trap's Ireland beat Algeria 3-0 last time out?

You can't compare how you are as you are ignoring too many factors.

2010, four years ago. Alot has changed since. Germany was stuffing teams in their sleep this time four year ago.

Ball to the right was on..

Lovely football all round though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Thought that was in, stunning save.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

These defensive errors are turning this into a fantastic spectacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

RobertKK wrote: »
    He always wanted to be an outfield player, wants his role to be converted like Lahm has been :P

Everyone gets to move forward and then stick Klose or Muller in goals.

• Advertisement

Ozil would drive you up the wall. Such a talent but he seems to sleep walk his way through the game at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This is turning out to be one of the most evenly balanced World Cups I can ever remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Worst game ive ever seen lahm play

2010, four years ago. Alot has changed since. Germany was stuffing teams in their sleep this time four year ago.

Doesn't matter, you just can't compare it like that. Everything is different on the day.

For example Netherlands stuff Spain, Australia nearly draw with Netherlands but Spain beat Australia handy.

Just so many factors can affect the game and you can't saw that Algeria's pace could not be compared to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Better from Germany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Germany starting to remember they're Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

anyone finding the rte player absolutely shíte for this?

Was fine for me earlier apart from being over a minute behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's working great for me and my broadband is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

keeps freezing on me and my interwebz are fine :(:(

murpho999 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, you just can't compare it like that. Everything is different on the day.

For example Netherlands stuff Spain, Australia nearly draw with Netherlands but Spain beat Australia handy.

Just so many factors can affect the game and you can't saw that Algeria's pace could not be compared to Ireland.

Ah in fairness Algeria are playing with far more abandonment and ambition then they arguably ever have in their history. Traps Ireland would be lucky to draw against this Algerian team. God help Ivory Coast is all i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

About time for Klose to make an entrance i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Worked great for the earlier match. Borderline unwatchable for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Extreme Close Up WTF????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It's working great for me and my broadband is awful.

Me do and i only have dial up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement