Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany vs Algeria 9pm / Mon 30th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

efb wrote: »
    get over it! 32 years!!!

32 years sure that's nothing compared to what Germany did 100 & 75 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ozil to collect his second trophy this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is Schurle wrecked already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is Schurle wrecked already?

Schurrle not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ozil to collect his second trophy this year

The Charity Shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Can't wait for Apres Match with Brad Friedel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Ozil has been crap. Suggesting otherwise is just bias. But in general this German side have been crap today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Like Gerrard's?

Who's he playing for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry but the world cup is on now and you have to be on top of your game.

Just like Torres is not good enough anymore.

Plenty of good players had a sh*t World Cup. Cavani and Ronaldo were absolute muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

You can't just discredit his previous years. Class is permanent and all that.

Torres I guess.

• Advertisement

32 years sure that's nothing compared to what Germany did 100 & 75 years ago!

Germany weren't the bad guy in WW1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Peter Collins' platitudes are mind numbing... Why didnt they give Jimmy Magee one more run out... He'd get a load of names wrong, possibly get the year and the sport wrong.. But at least he would say something interesting now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Not sure what game some people are watching, Ozil's contribution in midfield has been excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Swapping shorts again, i see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

get over it! 32 years!!!

Yeah, 32 years and justice has not been done

The judge in the Jimmy Savile case should of just said ah yeah that was ages ago get over it love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Torres I guess.
    Far too early to say he's gone the Torres way.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I wouldn't criticise just Ozil, to be fair theres not many of the Germans out there that you can say had a great game and played to their ability.

No one from what I can see is criticising Ozil for the sake of it. One fan base seems determined to make out he's been sensational today however, and anyone who dares say otherwise is basically clueless. All but Neuer have been dreadful for large spells of the game for me.

The Charity Shield?

Jules Rimet

Plenty of good players had a sh*t World Cup. Cavani and Ronaldo were absolute muck.

Agree on Cavani....he's over rated.

Ronaldo not 100% but kept them in WC against USA.

Ozil has more issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Turtyturd wrote: »
    His best contribution was a misplaced cross which nearly lobbed the keeper.

He also had a great pull back from the right side of the box and a shot that was spilled by the keeper.

One of the better German players in the first half certainly, but average enough performance overall, as with the whole German team in fairness. Schurrle has been good since he came on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Jules Remy

Loic's dad has a trophy?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    No one from what I can see is criticising Ozil for the sake of it. One fan base seems determined to make out he's been sensational today however, and anyone who dares say otherwise is basically clueless. All but Neuer have been dreadful for large spells of the game for me.

no-one said he was sensational but he was one of Germany's better players in the first half. He hasn't been dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bitemeluis wrote: »
    Not sure what game some people are watching, Ozil's contribution in midfield has been excellent

I'd say many of the people criticising Ozil never kicked a ball in their lives in fairness to them.

Jules Remy

Brazil own that since 1970.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This has probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to check
    How does muller get away with not wearing shin pads? I thought they were compulsory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Or maybe you simply cannot judge Ozil without a drop of bias since his move to Arsenal.

The thing about Ozil and this "best #10 in the world" thing is that it is about perception, or more accurately expectation. When I think of the best number 10's in the world, I tend to think of goal scorers say maybe like Zidane. While Ozil is a very creative player, he is not a number 10 that will score those goals. He is the player that will give that one pass that will open up a team and allow your striker to score. He usually won't score himself or make those runs that everyone expects because of his label of "best #10 in the world".

Corholio wrote: »
    Loic's dad has a trophy?

blame autocorrect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

A whole fan base? I didn't realise we'd elected a representative, because that's the only way you could get that conclusion. Unless you're making a silly generalisation, of course.

Ozil was decent in the first half, and has been completely ineffectual since 70 minutes or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Shame Algeria didn't get to play France if it stays the same. Reckon they would have beaten them. I had an Algerian house mate years ago working in Dublin and every time he was drunk he would start going on about how he hated France and their arrogance, he especially hated Thierry Henry and loved Zidane cause of his Algerian roots

I'd say many of the people criticising Ozil never kicked a ball in their lives in fairness to them.

Jesus. Grow up in fairness.

• Advertisement

Brazil own that since 1970.

FIFA will make sure they get the World Cup Trophy too

I agree completely, the whole German performance hasn't been exactly clinical bar Neuer. I know Algeria have been decent but Germany have wasted chances and haven't looked anywhere near their best. Just seems all the focus on the forum is on Ozil when the whole German team has under performed.

They will want to improve if they get through to the quarters!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Don't generalise.

He was decent in the first half, as much as any of them were. Since about 70 minutes he's been completely ineffectual.

I don't mean to generalise (watching and typing quickly here).

He was decent for 20-25 minutes, and A LOT of your fanbase in this thread seem to agree with what tayto has said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ozil is pure dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Smooth Ozil :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ozil out of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Corholio wrote: »
    Jesus. Grow up in fairness.

Pot, kettle, black in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ozil has been very average but so has the whole German team in fairness

Ozil has goggle eyes!

Pot calling the kettle a cat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Ozil has goggle eyes!

Mature.

How? What general sweeping, childish statements did I make?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

"2014 World Cup"

Thanks, Peter.

What clock has Peter Collins got?

20 mins gone he said we're half-way through 2nd half of ET and now he said 2.5 mins to go at 24 mins?

WHat clock has Peter Collins got?

20 mins gone he said we're half-way through 2nd half of ET and now he said 2.5 mins to go at 24 mins?

It's the lap times.

egghead. wrote: »
    Mature.

Late thirties as it goes. And truth be told I'm a fully paid up member of the Ozil appreciation society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I don't generalise.

He was decent for 20-25 minutes, and A LOT of your fanbase seem to agree with what tayto has said.

You did. It seemed quite petty.

I don't see much agreement here. The odd post from an Arsenal fan saying he had a good first half and subsequently hasn't been much more useless than the rest of the German midfield/attack was about it.

Germany looking to be the physically fitter side at this stage.

Ger v Arg in the final!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Khedira has been excellent since he came on in fairness

Advertisement