Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muster stations!

Options
  • 27-06-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I've heard what I understand is "Muster stations" twice in the last hour coming (presumably) from Dublin Port. I'm in Clontarf and don't see anything out on the water, but I can't see the river.

It was seven short & one long blast. There was one about 14030 and another just now.

Anyone know what's going on? A drill or a real problem?

z

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Cruise ship (or ferry) drills most likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

is there any naval vessels in by any chance??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I had a look at the AIS stuff at the time and there didn't appear to be anything of note (i.e. different than usual) in the area. I wonder if maybe there were a couple of ferries carrying out drills. There were no cruise ships or naval vessels in.

Nothing on the news anyway, so I don't think it was anything serious.

z

Advertisement