Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Guilty Pleasures

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I drink homemade gravy like soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jawgap wrote: »
    .....with really fresh Brennans bread and loads of tomato ketchup.....

Almost as good as.....

.......Tayto crisp sandwiches.......:pac:

:)
    I'm not a ketchup girl, it's yr sauce all they way. So fresh batch bread, cheddar cheese tomatoes and yr sauce. Or macambridge bread with cheddar and brown sauce if I'm feeling 'healthy' ish

Also toasted ham cheese and tomato with bag of ready salted macoy crisps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ham, cheddar & Tayto sandwiches on Brennan's white sliced pan. (No batch bread for me! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I immediately thought of licking the bowl after baking when I read the title post. My real guilty pleasure though would be making macaroni cheese and to hell with the calories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Eating the burnt food off oven dishes. Burnt cheese, for preference, but burnt white sauces, bits of burnt vegetables or pasta. If we every have anything oven baked I can be found in the kitchen after scraping the dish clean.

I almost never use home made stock, my home made stock has always been rubbish, bland and greasy and I like the msg Chickatee goodness of oxo cubes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Adding a teaspoon or two of veggie gravy granules to any stew-type dish... thickens it nicely and adds just that little bit of extra flavour.

And using a mixture of passata and tomato paste for pizza toppings rather than cooking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Kraft mac n cheese in a box and add 2 slices of american cheese to finish it.

Oven chips smothered in garlic mayo (has to be dunnes own brand) and mature cheddar cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Hmmmmmm

8888056603862.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Greenduck wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm

8888056603862.jpg

That pic just reminded me. Used to live on these.
    One slice pan + 5 pack of Koka Chicken Noodles = dinner for a week.
    With lots of butter for the sandwich as well!

You know, I don't miss being poor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Whenever we have roast chicken, it's my job to strip the carcass and put the leftover meat in a bowl for a curry or whatever the following day.

Part one of the guilty pleasure: I do it mostly by hand (with well washed hands, obviously) because it's just easier and more efficient. How else you going to get the oysters and other nice little pieces off?? Anyway, I love it.

Part two: I eat half the left overs as I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

GoodBridge wrote: »
    Whenever we have roast chicken, it's my job to strip the carcass and put the leftover meat in a bowl for a curry or whatever the following day.

Part one of the guilty pleasure: I do it mostly by hand (with well washed hands, obviously) because it's just easier and more efficient. How else you going to get the oysters and other nice little pieces off?? Anyway, I love it.

That's just doing the job properly!
    It hurts my heart when I see people throwing away half eaten chickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

GoodBridge wrote: »

My Brother in Law who is a chef has actually complimented me on that! Leave nothing to waste and the juiciest parts of the chicken are the "leftovers" for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

That's just doing the job properly!
    It hurts my heart when I see people throwing away half eaten chickens.

It hurts my stomach! All that chicken that I could be eating...nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Dirty Sweet & Sour Chicken!
    There was next to nothing in my house last night, some onions, peppers and chicken goujons.

Fried off the onions & peppers. Poured in a healthy (!?) dose of sugar, poured in a glass of white wine, some vinegar, and a squeeze of ketchup.
    Threw in the cooked goujons and boom. Took no more than 20 minutes (most of which was waiting for the chicken to be cooked)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aromat. It's the secret to my utterly awesome steak seasoning that people keep asking me about and I'm too ashamed to admit it.

Also, grilled potato waffles, topped with jalapenos, loads of cheddar cheese and Frank's Red Hot Sauce, then bunged back under the grill for a few moments. Little rectangles of heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I rediscovered waffles last year and contrary to what I remembered they are actually nice. Wawfully Versatile, brings back memories of the 80's ad. Must be high on fat though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Ah now, nobody eats waffles for their health benefits!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Waffles in the toaster and beans in the microwave kept me alive during college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Putting Sriracha sauce on everything :eek:

Yesterday, I bought pre made gnocchi!
    And I liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love it - fried, but not boiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Best way to have it is fried with a fry.

never thought of doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

never thought of doing that.

Well then aren't you lucky I only went and did a recipe for past weeks cooking club :P ;)

I remember a Jamie Oliver recipe where he used shop bought gnocchi in lieu of potatoes with a roast dinner, he did them in the oven with the chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Fish finger sandwiches - with mint sauce.

(the bottled kind, Lidl 61c)

Advertisement