Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 - no coverage

Options
  • 27-06-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

I just signed up to 48 (go conquer!), thought woo this is great, was paying 20euro a month for free texts on meteor, now i've got 300 mobile minutes, free texts, 60 landline minutes and 1gb of internet for 10euro a month.
    Great on paper.

BUT I have literally not a single ounce of coverage in my house!!

My whole family are meteor, I used to be 02 years ago and found both grand, a few blackspots around the place, y'know yourself.

But now I cant even send a single text. I have received 1 text in the less than 24 hours ive been on it and couldnt reply to it as i couldnt find signal anywhere.

Im in south wexford btw and we seem to have signal for all networks.

Anyone else have this problem with 48? Do I need to just cut my losses and move back to meteor??

I need my phone, just after applying to a few jobs and was told to keep my phone on and for my current job i get texted when to come in so as you can imagine, this is verrryyy worrying!

JUST FYI - I have my meteor sim, will it work if I stick it back into my phone?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you ported your number the old sim will be dead. And you wont be able to port back for a few months.

If you can get 02 coverage you can get 48, whats the handset?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

ED E wrote: »
    If you ported your number the old sim will be dead. And you wont be able to port back for a few months.

If you can get 02 coverage you can get 48, whats the handset?

well i havent used o2 in over 5 years.

nokia e7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

have you ported you're old number over ? you should have the Sim 48 sent you stick that in you're phone .

PS don't go back to meteor im with 48 from day one i have the original deal 10 euro for all calls to all networks plus 20 min land line and saving a fortune with them .

Yeah.
    I ordered a sim, ported my old number onto it, stuck it in my phone and bought my credit.
    Now I have not a zap of coverage. It says I do have 3G though. But I dont use internet on this piece of ****e phone..

UPDATE: just received a text and have 1 bar of coverage, terrified to move the phone.

• Advertisement

maybe it hasten ported over yet stick you're old Sim back in for a min and see is it still active ?

but trust me you will get sorted and you will save a mint .

UPDATE: moved my phone slightly, lost the signal, put it back in the same place and now have no signal again. See my problem? This malarkey can't go on

LoveLamps wrote: »
    UPDATE: moved my phone slightly, lost the signal, put it back in the same place and now have no signal again. See my problem? This malarkey can't go on

Hmm that's strange where are you when it happens ? I'm on full bar as we speak I'm in my back room at home .

Hmm that's strange where are you when it happens ? I'm on full bar as we speak I'm in my back room at home .

As you can see in pic .

Now thats just teasing!

I'm just in my house, I havent left the house with the phone since joining yet.

Joined yesterday about 3pm. and have received 2 texts and sent 1 (couldnt reply to the other because i didnt have any signal and gave up)

I turned on and off the phone and now the 48 thingy (number 48 at the top of phone) has disappeared from my phone and I have no signal or 3G. I still had to enter my 48 pin when turning it on though??

And put in my meteor sim card and it said failed to register sim or something like that so i assume the number has infact transferred correctly.

• Advertisement

Now thats just teasing!

I'm just in my house, I havent left the house with the phone since joining yet.

Joined yesterday about 3pm. and have received 2 texts and sent 1 (couldnt reply to the other because i didnt have any signal and gave up)

I turned on and off the phone and now the 48 thingy (number 48 at the top of phone) has disappeared from my phone and I have no signal or 3G. I still had to enter my 48 pin when turning it on though??

And put in my meteor sim card and it said failed to register sim or something like that so i assume the number has infact transferred correctly.

Defo has ported, try venture out for a bit with the phone maybe it's just bad signal in you're house ?

UPDATE

been around the place, seems to have quite good coverage everywhere EXCEPT my house!!

I can't find a single bar of coverage in my house - and it's a pretty big house.

Rang my phone from the landline whilst out of coverage and said something like 'the mobile phone is switched off please try again later' so I brought the dog for a walk, got coverage and got no notification of a missed call. Which is REALLY worrying!!!! How many f*ckong calls/texts have I missed because of this sh*t?!!

My only option it seems is to switch back to meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UPDATE

been around the place, seems to have quite good coverage everywhere EXCEPT my house!!

I can't find a single bar of coverage in my house - and it's a pretty big house.

Rang my phone from the landline whilst out of coverage and said something like 'the mobile phone is switched off please try again later' so I brought the dog for a walk, got coverage and got no notification of a missed call. Which is REALLY worrying!!!! How many f*ckong calls/texts have I missed because of this sh*t?!!

My only option it seems is to switch back to meteor

Your phone only gives the notification if it actually gets the call and you dont press answer, if you're off air at the time you get a message if they leave a voicemail, but not if they dont.

Texts will all buffer up on the message server until your phone gets back in touch.

Check its not just that handset, then switch network.

ED E wrote: »
    Your phone only gives the notification if it actually gets the call and you dont press answer, if you're off air at the time you get a message if they leave a voicemail, but not if they dont.

Texts will all buffer up on the message server until your phone gets back in touch.

Check its not just that handset, then switch network.

changed sim into my sisters phone and same thing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

UPDATE

so I brought the dog for a walk, got coverage...

maybe this is a plot to get young people out of the house... or a secret plan by dogs to finally get regular walks

Advertisement