Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hiring a suit for a Wedding

• 27-06-2014 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Patww79 wrote: »
    Got a wedding coming (all day) up in a couple of weeks and need to hire a suit for it. Never hired one before so was just wondering what to expect on price, if it's hundreds I might just buy one but I'd rather not as I will probably never need it again. Also recommendations on where (D15 preferably)? Thanks.

If you're of the age that you're starting to get invited to weddings, I'd really advise you to just buy a suit- it'll cost way less in the long run.

I know you said D15 but I highly recommend Monza Menswear on Dawson St. They are great at fitting suits and my Dad got a great quality 3 piece for €245. If you don't want a waistcoat they start at €160 or so. You'll be surprised how much you'd need a suit for as you hit your 30's- weddings, christening s, interviews and funerals all start popping up at alarming speed. Go for a navy or grey suit with a shirt or two that you keep with it and a couple of ties and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

As above. It's always good to have a suit in the wardrobe.

Also you could try M&S, good value and you can buy the jacket and trousers seperately so find a decent fit. Shirts/ties decent too.

Suitable company in the city also ok for something at the value end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd definely be of the mind of buying one too, but I've a really good navy one that I've worn only once but I need to lose an inch to fit comfortably in (this wedding will just come too quick!). Just looking the rental til then.

To be honest then could you look at getting it adjusted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I'd agree with the above if your getting to an age where you will be attending a large number of weddings in the coming while you should buy a good quality off the rack suit and get it tailored to make sure it fits properly. I'm sire someone can recommended you a tailor near you.
    Also of the suit you have is too big you should be able to get it tailored to fit. However its too small your only chance is losing the weight to fit into it.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Quick one on this. I have a suit that's a few years old. The leg is a regular fit leg, but any trousers or jeans I have are straight leg. They wouldn't be skinny but slim to straight. I prefer this fit.
    So anytime I have to wear the suit, the pants almost feels way too baggy. (even though it's a regular leg)

I suppose they can't be adjusted? Might bite the bullet and update the suit dept....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

seachto7 wrote: »
    Quick one on this. I have a suit that's a few years old. The leg is a regular fit leg, but any trousers or jeans I have are straight leg. They wouldn't be skinny but slim to straight. I prefer this fit.
    So anytime I have to wear the suit, the pants almost feels way too baggy. (even though it's a regular leg)

I suppose they can't be adjusted? Might bite the bullet and update the suit dept....

You can get any adjustments you want done on a suit.

decent tailor will do this for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Any idea on a roundabout figure for the cost of rental? Running out of time on this now.

Why don't you phone around and ask, rather than relying on strangers on the Internet to do the work for you? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I was going to rent a suit for a wedding, but might just get my own one adjusted...

Anyone know of a tailor in Limerick?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

One shop in Cork has suits from €75 to €150 to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Martinet76

Got a wedding coming (all day) up in a couple of weeks and need to hire a suit for it. Never hired one before so was just wondering what to expect on price, if it's hundreds I might just buy one but I'd rather not as I will probably never need it again. Also recommendations on where (D15 preferably)? Thanks.
    ............where did u get your suit and what was the price thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't think you "had" to do anything.
    Surely if you rang two or three places you'd have an idea of the ballpark figure - indeed someone gave a ball park already on the thread.

Anyway, no harm having two suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well if you ask three retailers the same question you can see what the generaly lay of the land is. And if, as you suggest, it's just to suss you out, you pick the lowest of the three prices, taking into account the various terms associated with the hiring and how much they suit you then knock 20 odd percent off to try bargain with them......

The prices change a fair bit and there are offers on all the time. A quick google search for suit hire dublin will give you a number of options to call and get a quick price/lay of the land scenario.

A lot of these guys don't display a price as the price is negotiable (in both ways) and changes regularily.

Advertisement