Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have interest in any strange football leagues worldwide?

• 27-06-2014 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I used to watch the J-League highlights show every week a couple of years ago, actually used to enjoy it a lot, might start watching it again sometime...

Used to also be a big fan of the Eurogoals programme, Haven't seen that on telly in ages though, do they even show it anymore? :pac:

Have you any interest in a weird foreign league?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Many people in this country see the League of Ireland as a strange foreign league, so yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

frimpong wrote: »
    Many people in this country see the League of Ireland as a strange foreign league, so yes.

8 minutes, I think that's a new record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Welsh League, I've been to a few games.

Also been to see Stenhousemuir in the lower Scottish league.

I nearly went to a Serie C match while on my honeymoon, but decided it would be a bad choice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

8 minutes, I think that's a new record.

Surprised it took that long!

Used to keep an eye myself on the Finnish League once upon a time. Read something about a club called FC Jazz and followed their fortunes for a while. Sad I know, but I haven't done it in ages. I swear!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Welsh League, I've been to a few games.

Also been to see Stenhousemuir in the lower Scottish league.

I nearly went to a Serie C match while on my honeymoon, but decided it would be a bad choice :D

Your Stenhousemuir comment reminded me, I nearly went to a Dunfermline fame when I was on a family holiday :D :pac: tbh I've kept an eye on how they've been doing since then as well! Was gutted when they lost in the playoff final last year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The Estonian Meistriliiga has been kind to me betting wise in the past so always have a soft spot for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hipster alert!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

efb wrote: »
    Hipster alert!!!

Hipster? Moi? Je t'accuse :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Is there anywhere you can watch these weird and wonderful leagues online? Legally of course. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Used to watch the Brazil. Argentina and Mexican leagues but don't anymore and the A-league as well. I still follow the Copa Libertadores and the MLS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

frimpong wrote: »

Ye lads waste no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ollaetta wrote: »

Used to keep an eye myself on the Finnish League once upon a time. Read something about a club called FC Jazz and followed their fortunes for a while. Sad I know, but I haven't done it in ages. I swear!!

I follow fc santa claus in the lower finnish divisons..... because its fc santa claus!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Oh yeah, I was a regular at Sydney FC in the first season of the A-League, really good atmosphere in "The Cove" there. Dwight Yorke strolling around the pitch, not giving a crap and still being the best player there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I've be watching a lot of the MLS the last while, there are some cracking games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Not even remotely strange and slightly OT but I remember being mesmerised when TG4 had a Liga highlights pack called Ole Ole!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I still follow the misfortunes of FC Lausanne-Sports in the Swiss league from when I lived there almost fifteen years ago.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I follow a little club called Liverpool, play in the EPL in England.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chinese league and J league for betting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I went to a Boca Juniors match on honeymoon :P
    kinda follow them whenever I have time, it was a cool experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

ollaetta wrote: »

I wonder did you actually go to see any Finnish clubs play when they came over here in European competition. Or were you too busy?

Advertisement