Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Dublin

Options
  • 27-06-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Got ticket for Slayer for next Tuesday. probably heading up by myself. Wanna see if anyone might be interested in meeting for a few drinks beforehand or even sharing a lift up (heading from Cork). Get back if interested. Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

If you're looking to meet people before the Slayer gig you'll meet plenty of gig goers in any of the Rock bars. Fibber Magees, Bruxelles, Gypsy Rose, etc. You'll get talking to people easily enough in the ground floor bar in The Academy too as there's always a crowd in there before the performance. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

heading on my own too. I'll be in town from around 5 for some grub so would happily join any boardsies for a pre gig pint or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 metman1

Hey rock whore

I'll be in Dublin about the same time if you wanna arrange a meet somewhere. let me know and we can sort details. Cheers

Good stuff, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

En route to Dub for tonights gig also on me tod. Never got around to see Slayer over the countless times they gigged here better do so before they lose more original members :)

• Advertisement

En route to Dub for tonights gig also on me tod. Never got around to see Slayer over the countless times they gigged here better do so before they lose more original members :)

if you're around before the show pop in to The Oval on the corner of Middle Abbey st & O'connell st

rock whore wrote: »
    if you're around before the show pop in to The Oval on the corner of Middle Abbey st & O'connell st

Cheers I aim to be around sometime after 5, im assuming the show is no support and like most academy gigs Slayer due on for 9?

Yeah, no mention of support acts so prob just Slayer. They've played about 20 songs in the Limelight so hoping for something similar tonight. I've Raining Blood going round in my head all day. :D

Yeah, no mention of support acts so prob just Slayer. They've played about 20 songs in the Limelight so hoping for something similar tonight. I've Raining Blood going round in my head all day. :D

Cool have been listening to Seasons in the Abyss album as I see they've been playing more than the usual from it on recent sets. Ive pm'd u there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 metman1

just heading off now so see ye in the Oval later. limelight looked class. Hope tonights even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Tickets say 7pm, so if there is no support act, is that doors, or Slayer's start time?? :confused::confused:

Doors at 7. Start time should be sometime between 8-9, I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Managed to get myself a ticket so looking forward to this now.

Doors at 7. Start time should be sometime between 8-9, I'd say

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I've tried Facebook messaging The Academy to get a start time but can't seem to be able to. Don't want to go down at 8 and wait an hour if I can avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Academy gigs tend to start early, I'd err on the side of caution if I were you.

Saw them last year there and they were excellent, but I'd already got a ticket to the eels for tonight when this gig was announced, so I'll have to settle for Anthrax tomorrow instead. Enjoy.....

Degag wrote: »
    I've tried Facebook messaging The Academy to get a start time but can't seem to be able to. Don't want to go down at 8 and wait an hour if I can avoid it

Same here, but seeing as doors are at 7 I wouldn't think we'd be waiting 2hours..hopefully not anyway!

Hope everyone has a great night! I'll be the girl in jeans and black tee :D

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Same here, but seeing as doors are at 7 I wouldn't think we'd be waiting 2hours..hopefully not anyway!

Hope everyone has a great night! I'll be the girl in jeans and black tee :D

Academy website has them being on stage around nine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cheers I aim to be around sometime after 5, im assuming the show is no support and like most academy gigs Slayer due on for 9?

No support, just a load of ambient trance to get you in the mood before slayer come on! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    No support, just a load of ambient trance to get you in the mood before slayer come on! 😜

hahaha, i remember that one well, got on my tits it did.

Pissed i'm not going tonight but gotta work, just had 3wks off so another night may be pushing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Seem to be just blasting out the black album. The metal opposite of Slayer.

Better than reggae and trance though.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Lol don't think Kerry King will be happy with that!

Any sign of them coming on? Will probably head down around half 8

Lol don't think Kerry King will be happy with that!

Any sign of them coming on? Will probably head down around half 8

Nah still half full tbh.

I think you'll be all right getting there for then.

DrumSteve wrote: »

Definitely better than last years ****e, walked in with through the never playing, thought i was hearing things!

Definitely better than last years ****e, walked in with through the never playing, thought i was hearing things!

I thought the same when I heard nothing else matters

****ing savage!!

Great gig, although I thought last years was better. Would love to know how many songs they played. Felt like 10+ !

Great gig, although I thought last years was better. Would love to know how many songs they played. Felt like 10+ !

Meant 20+

Tbh I thought they had great energy for what was their 3rd night in a row. Whilst Gary Holt may be no Jeff hannemann he's a beast on stage, his energy was infectious.

• Advertisement

Tbh I thought they had great energy for what was their 3rd night in a row. Whilst Gary Holt may be no Jeff hannemann he's a beast on stage, his energy was infectious.

Holt is excellent alright. Is it just me or can Bostoph just not play the DB solo in Angel of Death?

Advertisement