Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The best setlist ive seen them play so far.

Very, very good show.

Bostaph can play it ( I was watching his feet), but to me it seems like he been told to keep it short.

Holt is a boss though and Tom is freakin hilarious.

Again great setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The best setlist ive seen them play so far.

Very, very good show.

Bostaph can play it ( I was watching his feet), but to me it seems like he been told to keep it short.

Holt is a boss though and Tom is freakin hilarious.

Again great setlist.

It sounds ****e though. Tom is awesome alright. Think someone proposed to him at one point or something cause he put up his finger kinda like he was showing a ring!

Did anyone see what the fight was about on KK's side of the stage where the bouncers hauled yer man off through the dressing rooms? Was dying for a pee so just came back when it ended?

Degag wrote: »
    It sounds ****e though. Tom is awesome alright. Think someone proposed to him at one point or something cause he put up his finger kinda like he was showing a ring!

Did anyone see what the fight was about on KK's side of the stage where the bouncers hauled yer man off through the dressing rooms? Was dying for a pee so just came back when it ended?

I was over that side but didnt see anything except a very drunk polish man shout the word "classic" about 50 times then try start a fight.

I agree about the DB;its a shame as I thought Bostaph had a smashing gig.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I was over that side but didnt see anything except a very drunk polish man shout the word "classic" about 50 times then try start a fight.

I agree about the DB;its a shame as I thought Bostaph had a smashing gig.
    Bostoph is an excellent drummer and a very competent Double bass drummer but it was the same last year - he can't play that solo for some reason - or he can and it just sounds ****?

While he is excellent as I said, he ain't no Lombardo. I love how Lombardo played Seasons for example - Bostoph pales in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I was on the back right and could not hear Holt's solos. Great to hear At Dawn They Sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Great show, and a great set. Liked the new song too in a live setting, even if it didn't do much for me first time I heard it. Tom Araya is starting to look like Billy Connolly as well :)

Bostoph is an excellent drummer and a very competent Double bass drummer but it was the same last year - he can't play that solo for some reason - or he can and it just sounds ****?

While he is excellent as I said, he ain't no Lombardo. I love how Lombardo played Seasons for example - Bostoph pales in comparison.

I seen lombardo play it with them and mess it up too, I guess if you put AOD at the end of the set youre gonna be wrecked by the time its played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I was standing upstairs at the barrier.

The guy jumped the side barrier at KK's side and ran towards the stage, but about 3 bouncer/security lads held him. He put up one helluva fight and was wriggling outta their grasp for a bit before they hauled him off.

KK threw a few plectrums to his friends/GF/wife/people.

Was happy to hear less reggae trance stuff while waiting this time.
    Was a great gig though, had a fantastic time :)

Next time we see Tom he'll be Santa :P

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Well I'm partially deaf today but it was a great gig. Had a great view from up on the balcony, couldn't take my eyes off Paul! I was the girl in the red Tool t shirt, so if you were one of the many that complimented me on it..thank you :D

The back drop dedicated to Jeff during AOD was a nice touch. I thought it would have gotten more of a reaction from the crowd tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Took me ages to notice that background, I was having more fun watching the crowd killing each other haha

• Advertisement

Was it just me or was the mosh pit "quieter" than last year?

TBH I think it was the heat, the place was roasting last night. The pit seemed much better for the slower paced songs like South of Heaven.

Though the Raining Blood/Black Magic medley was epic.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Was it just me or was the mosh pit "quieter" than last year?
    I was watching it from the balcony above both this year and last year and this year was definitely much quieter. A lot of people running out of steam pretty quickly and others just not up for it as much. I can't really blame them, its usually crammed in the Academy and there isn't really much space to even form a pit.

I was in the pit at the Limelight on Monday night and it was great fun. Ankles are a bit sore though... :pac:

Advertisement