Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front door contact

Options
  • 27-06-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The tamper on my alarm has been going off now and again the last week so I opened the front door contact box to this ....any advice to re wire it properly would be appreciated (not the phone an alarm guy kind) :D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

The blue and yellow are the tamper. Join them together and put them under one of the brass screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Vego wrote: »
    Hi,

The tamper on my alarm has been going off now and again the last week so I opened the front door contact box to this ....any advice to re wire it properly would be appreciated (not the phone an alarm guy kind) :D

Cheers

Do you know what system you have.?
    If the problem is still there there may be a problem anywhere on that blue and yellow between the door and the panel.
    You may also need to check the connections in the panel and also on any junctions, if any, in between.

Cool I have the hck or hkc .....it looks as tho the tamper popped out of the brass

Cool I have the hck or hkc .....it looks as tho the tamper popped out of the brass

Thats what it looks like to me too :)
    Any problems let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh probably no resistors to worry about so.
    Make sure when redoing the connection the pair are twisted tightly together. Even coming out of the screw they shouldn't really separate to cause a tamper.

It look like a bit of corrosion on the brass screw.

Possibly.
    If dampness or the likes is an issue I would use a sealed unit into a JB elsewhere.

Agreed.

Cheers guys

• Advertisement

Cheers guys

your welcome :)

Advertisement