Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpentry rates.

Options
  • 27-06-2014 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi there, just a quick question for you carpenters out there. I've been coming and going recently and lost track of things a bit as I haven't been working here much, now that im back a guy i used to do a bit of work for has asked me to price some work. What is the going rate through the books for a carpenter for a day for first fix and second fix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

cork2 wrote: »
    Hi there, just a quick question for you carpenters out there. I've been coming and going recently and lost track of things a bit as I haven't been working here much, now that im back a guy i used to do a bit of work for has asked me to price some work. What is the going rate through the books for a carpenter for a day for first fix and second fix.
    You can expect to pay around €150-180 a day, all depending on experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TOAO

I'd be charging €200-250 a day. My reason being that i worked for a flatpack assembly gut and he charge €25 per hour and i reckon carpentry work should cost more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

cork2 wrote: »

Where are you based ? Galway City; between €100-€130 day rate for 1st/2nd fix from a lads with 10 yrs exp and recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Where are you based ? Galway City; between €100-€130 day rate for 1st/2nd fix from a lads with 10 yrs exp and recommended.

Is that day rate of 100 / 130 euro including 13.5% vat .
    Does the carpenter have there public liability in place .
    seem very low when you less the vat , usc charged , income tax , prsi and diesel van and tools up keep .

Advertisement