Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disturbing things you did as a child?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

It'll do.

4 people now, time to plan our world domination....

My daughter calls my mother Nanna. You should get her on side. She is a psycho.
    i played streets of rage 2 in the buff once... i was 10

I still do that.

On topic - nearly burned the house down after deciding to do 'jimmy drops' with blue baler twine. In the dining room. On the carpet.

Ran away from home after setting the bathroom door on fire (don't ask). No one was home so after putting out the fire and seeing the damage we left a note and ran away. For a few hours.

Landed a axe into the top of my little sisters head when I was about 6 or 7. Not really sure how she survived that one. I actually didn't get in too much trouble. Everyone was just relieved that you couldn't see her brain. To this day she has two partings.

There are plenty more......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It'll do.

4 people now, time to plan our world domination....

I always called my grandmother Nanny. My mum is 'Nanny' to her grandkids.

She encouraged one set to call her Nanny because their mum was telling them to call her Granny and my mother reckoned it was because of snobbishness because for posh people Nanny was a job description and the grandmother was Grandmother.

I've always thought Nanny to be a friendlier word. Nanny sounds warm and huggy, possibly with floury arms from baking you cakes. Granny sounds more formal and like a sour-faced biddy who'd jab you in the spine to make you stand up straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

It was Halloween. 1980s. I was a teenager and had stopped "mumming" (trick-or-treating) the previous year or so. I answered the door to several young "mummers" (trick-or-treaters)...they expected sweets, nuts, fruit or money....I gave them thick butter and jam sandwiches. All that butter and jam oozing all over their money, sweets etc...I still feel bad about it. The look on their little faces.

Advertisement