Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better than me?

• 27-06-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear games new single? Very interesting, good beat, serious lyrics...

He seems to have reunited with 50 and takes a big swipe at the xxl freshman group...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was never a big fan of The Game, I can take him or leave his music.
    After all the hoopla I've heard about the new track, I sat down to give it a listen. *Brace yourselves for hip hop snobbery* It was fairly average, beat started off great but started to dwindle on me. I also stopped paying attention to the lyrics as they were not holding my attention.
    So, not one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

I think it is mediocre but I do think he vents a lot of good topics about today's America mainstream rappers...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

danbrosnan wrote: »
    I think it is mediocre but I do think he vents a lot of good topics about today's America mainstream rappers...

Does he vent about all the publicity that this new Eminem and Busta Rhymes collabo is getting.......and it turns out that is just a single?

Here's The Game song that is under discussion

After listening again, what annoys me is the amount of swearing in the first half, and then that he calls himself about 8 other rappers.

Is there anywhere you can find that em and busta song? Is it called calm down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

That Game track would have a lot more impact if he didn't diss the current 'in' rappers on almost every track he's dropped in recent memory, kinda feels like he has nothing else to say so he just throws disses out and borrows styles from whoever is featured on the track.

As far as the Em and Busta record goes I'm looking forward to it, even after MMLP2. Will be refreshing to hear Em over some good production for the first time in years. Scoop Deville went up big time in my books after I heard the beats he did for the Jonwayne album.

• Advertisement

HighClass wrote: »
    That Game track would have a lot more impact if he didn't diss the current 'in' rappers on almost every track he's dropped in recent memory, kinda feels like he has nothing else to say so he just throws disses out and borrows styles from whoever is featured on the track.

As far as the Em and Busta record goes I'm looking forward to it, even after MMLP2. Will be refreshing to hear Em over some good production for the first time in years. Scoop Deville went up big time in my books after I heard the beats he did for the Jonwayne album.

Ya but you think the game might have a point... I mean this troy ave lad is seriously starting to piss me off... Even tho is lyrics are catchy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Ya but you think the game might have a point... I mean this troy ave lad is seriously starting to piss me off... Even tho is lyrics are catchy...

Been seeing Troy Aves name all over the place but never bothered to check out his music. Mainstream hip hop tends go in a circle, right now the rappers who are getting the radio play ain't that great but most of them have a few bangers that I like. It's just like Crunk when it blew up.

Hip Hop in America is a weird one anyway. Artists like Danny Brown & Action Bronson wouldn't be considered mainstream and as big a draw as Wale & Kid Ink, even though Bronson & Danny can tour the world but you'd be hard pressed to sell out a Wale world tour.

Ya I know what you mean, some of wale stuff is dreadful but I like kid ink... Also Danny brown is really out there but its obvious he can rap...

Troy Ave is like a young chubby 50 cent and has the same catchy lyrics but it looks like he gonna sign with rick ross and get a huge record deal...

Yelawolf is my favourite artist at the moment and I liked Machine Guns Kelly remix of the slayer song... Also Kendrick lemar I think is the best rapper in the last ten years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I like it even though its the same name dropping type stuff but none the less imo its a good song. He hasnt re-united with 50 either, g unit have got back together alright minus game though.

Down through the years he's said sorry and sounded pretty upset last week when he was interviewed about not being in the re-union but he was bi-polar for years and burnt his bridge with 50 big time, who tbh more so than dre gave him his chance when g unit were relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

I'm sorry but The Game doesn't have serious lyrics

• Advertisement

jillymayr wrote: »
    I'm sorry but The Game doesn't have serious lyrics

What kinda lyrics has he got so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

"Black Eminem" ... I like it.

Advertisement