Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 HDMI Problem

• 27-06-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has any solution to my problem.

I had my PS3 plugged into my TV in my room it worked. I unplugged the PS3 and put it away for about 2 months. I wanted to play it again so I took it and when I took the PS3 out I blew into the ports to remove the dust. Now when I plug my PS3 in will not play through the HDMI. When I plug the PS3 into the TV using the SCART leads it works on the TV in my room. When I put the HDMI cable in it does not work the screen stays black and there is no sound. When I plugged that HDMI cable into the back of my PC (I left the HDMI in the same port on the TV) it comes up straight away. So its not the TV that's not the problem. I think.

When I plug the PS3 into the TV in my sitting room with the same HDMI cable it will come up on that screen.

I have already tried resetting the PS3 (Holding the power button down)
    Changing cables (The three HDMI cables I have tried are working fine)

Thanks,
    -Dylan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

Did you check different HDMI port in that TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ItssDylannnn

budman9 wrote: »
    Did you check different HDMI port in that TV?

I tried all the ports on the Tv. If the signal is not sending the Tv says 'no signal' but there is no 'no signal' on the screen which means the signal is sending but not displaying.The screen is also flickering different brightnesses of black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I tried all the ports on the Tv. If the signal is not sending the Tv says 'no signal' but there is no 'no signal' on the screen which means the signal is sending but not displaying.The screen is also flickering different brightnesses of black.

Your video mode needs to be reset -

Chances are you connected it to a 1080p TV and your own TV can support only 1080i, have a look at the link below to sort it...

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/523/~/change-ps3-video-settings

Fieldog wrote: »
    Your video mode needs to be reset

I have already tried this multiple times and no luck with it.

On what firmware numer PS3 is running? Also what TV?

• Advertisement

My PS3 firmware version is 4.60. The TV is an LG. The model Number is: 22LG3050-ZA. The Product code of it is: 22LG3050-ZA.BEKGLBP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

My PS3 firmware version is 4.60. The TV is an LG. The model Number is: 22LG3050-ZA. The Product code of it is: 22LG3050-ZA.BEKGLBP.

That's pretty weird.

Hm meybe HDCP problem in TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is the ps3 outputting through the hdmi? Connect the scart and hdmi. Start and view via scart. Go to display and swap output to hdmi. Think it gives you 20 seconds to check the hdmi channel and confirm that it's outputting as you want.

Im not sure why there would be a problem with HDCP and the TV because it did work on that TV at one time.

I tried that with the SCART and HDMI. When I switch the ps3 over to HDMI it does not come up. The screen stays black and flickers. I know that the HDMI port I used on my TV works and the HDMI cable I used also works.

• Advertisement
Advertisement