Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord has lost it!

• 27-06-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Here we go! Brace yourself lads! Rant about the WORST Landlord in the county of Galway most likely Ireland too coming your way!

Long story short
    This guy is a total nut job! I decided to post here for a biteen of advice from you trusty boarders after I seen a post on facebook about him with 80 plus likes stating to stay well away from him and that he is a total con man which I couldn't agree with more!

From coming into the house 5 times a week opening the door with his own keys and walking in anytime he wants, singing while going through all of the presses under the stairs, turning on the extractor fan in the kitchen then leaving, turning on the immersion without telling us leaving it on for HOURS, complaint about a dirty plate in the sink, moving our things because it looked untidy, all without any notice or permission what. So. Ever.

I mean the man is a total head case !!

I have a list of complaints I want to post if a picture can be uploaded here and his pathetic letter that came back with my 65 euro refund from 300 euro deposit?!?!?!?!

Worst 6 months of my life. It was literally like living with your contrary 80 year old Grandfather he was there that often😩 not to mention the singing...oh God the singing..........
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Worse than Hitler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Does the landlord reside in the same building (IE - are you renting a room?) or is it an apartment/house?

After hours is probably not the place you want this if you're looking for good advice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

Leave it with us. We'll contact the relevant authorities for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Why are land lords called landlords ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Doesn't sound that bad at all - methinks you're exaggerating slightly, I bet you're more guilty than you're letting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The Master wrote: »
    Worse than Hitler
    Hitler never sang when going through other peoples presses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Some landlords take liberties like that when tenants allow them. Tell him he can't come and go as he pleases and if he continues to do it you'll report him to the Gardai for trespassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Get on to Threshold if you feel aggrieved, OP. Or just move out, that would also solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

How Jew know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

You weren't there...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I think you're in the wrong the place to be honest.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Boards has found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Galway Squirrel

Okay After Hours wasn't the best place......
    Not the most active Boards user guys, you made me laugh though well done!

Where on Boards do I post this thing for the best advice? How do I delete this thread?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Why did you put up with it for so long bring him to court to get your full deposit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Where on Boards do I post this thing for the best advice? How do I delete this thread?!

What sort of advice are you looking for, you never specified? You sort of just ranted at us....

Have you tried burning the house down yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

If I was getting involved in the property game back in Ireland then I wouldn't be any property that was within walking range of a University or IT. It's a tough game. While you don't have to spend a fortune to make the place functional, you'd always be thinking about the caliber of student you'd let in. Arriving in for an inspection and having the place reeking of dirt, cannabis smoke and mustiness. Kitchen destroyed and the bathroom looking like something out of Trainspotting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Report your own thread and ask a mod to move it to Accomodation and Property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

You can try Accommodation and Property. You can report the OP http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/report.php?p=91032714 and ask the mods to move or close this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

What sort of advice are you looking for, you never specified? You sort of just ranted at us....

Have you tried burning the house down yet?

Exactly. Only thing to do really is kill it with fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I prefer Landladys. They always sound nicer. And boobies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Galway Squirrel

How do I report? Sorry total noob here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

The Master wrote: »
    Worse than Hitler

Godwinned in 2 posts. This thread's fcuked.

you cant bring a LL to court for deposit or rent thats what the PRTB is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Seeing as you need help, the natural place to post would be the Helpdesk. To be fair they'll probably tell you the best remedy is to ignite the house...ignite it to the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

If I was getting involved in the property game back in Ireland then I wouldn't be any property that was within walking range of a University or IT. It's a tough game. While you don't have to spend a fortune to make the place functional, you'd always be thinking about the caliber of student you'd let in. Arriving in for an inspection and having the place reeking of dirt, cannabis smoke and mustiness. Kitchen destroyed and the bathroom looking like something out of Trainspotting.
    With most landlords who rent to students that is the condition on move in.

If you want to report you have to go to the PRTB. you should check see if the house registered at all first,

Maybe you should just have a chat with him first before reporting him?? if he doesnt cope on then go to prtb,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Maybe if he knew where he had it last? Work from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Firstly, you have rights as a tenant, look them up and know them.

Secondly, they can be enforced.

Thirdly, if you go through the correct channels and he isnt registered, you have the **** bent over a barrel. If he is, still good for you!

Some landlords deserve nothing but contempt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Here we go! Brace yourself lads! Rant about the WORST Landlord in the county of Galway most likely Ireland too coming your way!

Long story short
    This guy is a total nut job! I decided to post here for a biteen of advice from you trusty boarders after I seen a post on facebook about him with 80 plus likes stating to stay well away from him and that he is a total con man which I couldn't agree with more!

From coming into the house 5 times a week opening the door with his own keys and walking in anytime he wants, singing while going through all of the presses under the stairs, turning on the extractor fan in the kitchen then leaving, turning on the immersion without telling us leaving it on for HOURS, complaint about a dirty plate in the sink, moving our things because it looked untidy, all without any notice or permission what. So. Ever.

I mean the man is a total head case !!

I have a list of complaints I want to post if a picture can be uploaded here and his pathetic letter that came back with my 65 euro refund from 300 euro deposit?!?!?!?!

Worst 6 months of my life. It was literally like living with your contrary 80 year old Grandfather he was there that often😩 not to mention the singing...oh God the singing..........

Nobody cares.

Advertisement