Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart resolutions mediation ltd

• 28-06-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, has anyone heard of this crowd in Tipperary, 'smart resolutions mediation ltd' claiming to be able to negotiate with banks on behalf of mortgage holders in arrears/neg equity and achieving write offs of up to 50% off or alternatively walk away from house with no liability. Lots of people queuing for meetings with them. I have a close family member who is considering going down this road and I am afraid it's too good to be true. Anyone have any experience/hear about them?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've never heard of them but to me that sounds a bit too good to be true. The company was only set up in May of this year, so I can't see a bank agreeing to let a customer surrender their property and just walk away from it if it was in negative equity in such a short period of time. I could be completely wrong, but I'd be hesitant to jump straight in unless they had a proven track record. Any ideas what they're charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

I imagine they are personal insolvency professionals, or what ever the title is. This is exactly what the legislation was brought in to do. No reason for them to be dodgy

Also the banks are making this kind of arrangement, with or without insolvency plans. My sister just had around 80% of her debt written off through dealing with the bank directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi, has anyone heard of this crowd in Tipperary, 'smart resolutions mediation ltd' claiming to be able to negotiate with banks on behalf of mortgage holders in arrears/neg equity and achieving write offs of up to 50% off or alternatively walk away from house with no liability. Lots of people queuing for meetings with them. I have a close family member who is considering going down this road and I am afraid it's too good to be true. Anyone have any experience/hear about them?

Basic Rule of thumb when dealing with a service like this.
    • If the "fee" is a reasonable percentage of debt owned, try them out.
    • If the "fee" is a large cash amount up-front, (to be off-set against savings etc) RUN AWAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Central Bank have issued an urgent warning against the company.

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/cbi_warning_over_cashel_company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 bart2

my advice is stay well from this crowd, they will promise to get you write downs and moratorium ,This crowd told us they won the court case against them, then had the cheek to ask for €50 to help pay for court fees!!! all Ger wants is €250 up front then €50 a month each month that goes by, They assured us that we had a moratorium for 6 months but they had no paperwork from the bank about same, this dragged on for 5 months and we decided to deal with the bank directly (much better option), the bank was very helpful and understanding. The bank told us there never was any moratorium as they would not deal with Smart as they are not registered . You know the saying anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. Please stay well clear from Smart Resolutions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

A quick google of Smart Resolutions Mediation Limited finds the Central Banks warning about them that they posted on 15th August http://www.centralbank.ie/press-area/press-releases%5CPages%5CCentralBankofIrelandIssuesWarningonUnauthorisedDebtManagementFirm.aspx
    Smart Resolutions Mediation Limited (Ireland) is not authorised as a debt management firm by the Central Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bart2

my advice is stay well from this crowd, they will promise to get you write downs and moratorium ,This crowd told me they won the court case against them, then they had the cheek to ask for €50 to help pay for court fees!!!(surely if they won the case they wouldn't be asking for a donation to pay the fees!!! )all Ger wants is €250 up front then €50 a month each month that goes by, They assured me that we had a moratorium in place but they had no paperwork from the bank about same, this dragged on for months and we decided to deal with the bank directly (much better option), the bank was very helpful and understanding. The bank told me there never was any moratorium as they would not deal with Smart as they are not registered . You know the saying anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. Please stay well clear from Smart Resolutions, Ger told me to cancel my mortgage and I wont be blacklisted, but now I am .

they will tell you they won the court case against them but not once has it been in ANY of the papers or news, it was all-over a local radio station-Tipp FM that they are not registered. if you find yourself in trouble deal with your bank directly, they will help you as they have helped me arrange a new deal.(the banks are not as bad as Smart will tell you!) Smart will promise you they will get write down on your mortgage but they wont as the banks will not deal with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

So you told us on this thread already....

Closing this thread anyway, as there seems to be little more benefit in leaving it open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement