Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmark synchronisation across devices/platforms

Options
  • 28-06-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have work laptop (windows-chrome), home PC (linux - Firefox) ad ipad/iphone (ios7 - safari).

Can anyone suggest a means to automatically synchronise my bookmarks across all of the above. I used to use xmarks, but they then started charging, and seem to be on the way out ( might be wrong here).

So, i am looking for free (or nearly free) solutions to manage my bookmarks and synch across numerous devices platforms.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Just use chrome on everything and sign in to it on each device. Problem solved.

It will synchronise everything too, even history and tabs.

I'd also recommend the lastpass plugin to manage all your web based passwords across devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Thanks Vibe, I will take a look at that .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

There's an option to "sign in" to chrome in the settings which will synchronise everything in the copy of chrome on each device.

Advertisement