Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone recommendation - Living Internationally

Options
  • 28-06-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I will be looking for a new phone this summer. Currently I have the Optimus 2x which was a great smartphone but I've had it for three years now and it's beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I live internationally and so I'd like the new phone to be unlocked and suitable for wherever I go. Next year I will be living in Scotland but the following year I don't know where I will be yet. In Turkey at the minute and could possibly be back here.

Features: good battery life, Apps (what's app/kakao talk/email...etc)
    Form factor: touch screen
    Internet: 3G + WiFi
    Price range: <300
    Camera: not overly important

The moto G seems like a great little phone but will I be able to use it abroad?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 JamesTC

Any unlocked phone should work in other countries the only issues tend to be 4G/LTE related due to different frequencies, in which case you would be limited to 3G speeds, presumably you plan on buying it from Amazon or Clove or similar in which case I would expect them to be unlocked.

The Moto G as you mentioned is a good option, another one to consider (which also meets you criteria above) is the Nokia Lumia 625 which runs Windows Phone 8.0 (and will be receiving an update to 8.1) if you are looking to go even cheaper you could get the new Lumia 630 (3G only) which can also be got in a duel sim version, handy if you want to keep an Irish number along with whatever local sim you get.

Advertisement