Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbmc emulators?

• 28-06-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

hey lads,
    been doing a bit of reading about the emulators on xbmc like advanced launcher and rom collection browser also hyperspin and was wondering has anyone got any of these working and if so is it any good? im using openelec on a htpc and am interested in this, it would be a nice finish to a home entertainement system. movies,tv,music and old classic games in the same place!
    sounds pretty sweet...

so if anyone has any experience with this can you share your experience please!!
    thanks for reading...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

No idea about emulators but music, movies & tv shows are well covered by xbmchub addon.

.... but maybe that is not what you mean ....

This might be of help

http://addons.xbmchub.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I'm nearly certain hyperspin is Windows only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Tried retroarch version for openelec last night

Good guide here

Although to get it to work with gotham I had to get the addon version from this post on the openelec forums

Got a snes emulator working but looks like there's a work around required if you want to get it to run ROMs from a network share. Think it could just be for the snes core I was using though.

I'll update again once I get time to do more mucking around with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I use retroarch version of openelec on a Zotac box and managed to get nes, snes, ps1, sega mega drive and mame emulators working on it. Some of the playstation roms lag but a few others seem to run fine. I mainly use it for the mame which runs old arcade games. I was amazed when I loaded games like Flying Shark, Twin Cobra and 1942 on it, brought me right back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lucid365

I use retroarch version of openelec on a Zotac box and managed to get nes, snes, ps1, sega mega drive and mame emulators working on it. Some of the playstation roms lag but a few others seem to run fine. I mainly use it for the mame which runs old arcade games. I was amazed when I loaded games like Flying Shark, Twin Cobra and 1942 on it, brought me right back.

Hi red bellied,just wondering if u could setup rom collection browser on my minix x8h or something similar?

Advertisement