Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short-term refuelling and recovery

Options
  • 28-06-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

I'm doing the mini course of Mod Snip next weekend, and because I don't drive and my partner's running a half-marathon in Clontarf that day, I'm going to be cycling out from Ranelagh. The deadline for getting the bike into the transition area is 9:30am, so I'm planning to leave at seven and get there for nine. However, the race isn't until 12, so I have a two-hour cycle, a three-hour break and then the race itself.

What's the best approach to refuellng and to making sure I'm in the best shape possible for the race start? I'm assuming slow-release carbs a couple of hours before the race, and plenty of water to rehydrate, but beyond that I'm pretty inexperienced.

Advertisement