Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ArcheAge

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I went there but the quest says it has to be grown in Solzeed zone.
    Ill get on later to see whats what but the more i play the more i enjoy it.

Question, is there any point making alts?

I rolled paladin to start with but have evolved into archer/shadowplay for faster leveling but its cost quite a bit to change skill sets as ive sampled sorcery/vitalism/oculism too.
    Ill probably go healer at endgame or possibly tank.
    Im considering rolling purely to test more builds without getting broke.

Tempted to sub to this.

Holy hell ive been through some tough mmo launches but every single post on the official forums is complaints about queues.
    Rang my son too boot up PC and log me in @ 3pm and he says im in a 3 hour queue.

People on forums saying 3-4 hour queue on EU since 8am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    I went there but the quest says it has to be grown in Solzeed zone.
    Ill get on later to see whats what but the more i play the more i enjoy it.

Question, is there any point making alts?

I rolled paladin to start with but have evolved into archer/shadowplay for faster leveling but its cost quite a bit to change skill sets as ive sampled sorcery/vitalism/oculism too.
    Ill probably go healer at endgame or possibly tank.
    Im considering rolling purely to test more builds without getting broke.

Tempted to sub to this.

The Solzreed item needs to be crafted in Solzreed alright but you can gather the materials anywhere. The item itself is a "special" craft and can only be done at certain stations in each zone.

I admit, they are messing up with the queues big time. Heck I'm a founder / patron. I signed in at around 5pm to a queue of 2550. It's now almost two hours later and the queue is still over 1600.

Played a good bit over the weekend and havent enjoyed an mmo this much since wow vanilla.
    My only negative is the crafting,no doubt its insanely deep in a way that you can literally craft anything but for someone who generally doesnt enjoy crafting in mmos i find it tedious but anyone who enjoys crafting will love it.
    It really is a sandbox mmo with adventure everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Have the queues gotten more manageable yet? Don't want to subscribe until it is easier to get into. Newborn baby makes sitting at the PC for a 2 hour queue sorta pointless!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Have the queues gotten more manageable yet? Don't want to subscribe until it is easier to get into. Newborn baby makes sitting at the PC for a 2 hour queue sorta pointless!

Give it another day or two. They have the new EU server hardware and are currently setting it up and will begin tests on it after. That is supposed to help with queues.

Noxin wrote: »
    Give it another day or two. They have the new EU server hardware and are currently setting it up and will begin tests on it after. That is supposed to help with queues.

Baba is away Friday, so might be a gaming weekend for me!

I subbed to patron and longest queue at peak time was 4 mins.

I subbed to patron and longest queue at peak time was 4 mins.

What server? It's alot more than that on Dahuta and that is as patron. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some of my guildmates are on Kyprosa and they're saying up to an hour, sometimes more, as patrons.

• Advertisement

Aier

Well at peak, Dahuta can be 4 hours with Patron. Afaik it's the most populated server.

I once tried to log in and walked off. 6 hours later it connected. But that might have been when the patron status was bugged :P

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Anyone on Aier that can help me a lift to Austera? ^^

Ill have a tradepack so we would be a slight target lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone playing this at the moment? Only started as some friends decided to try it and after 2 days of play I hit the jackpot! (Low level jackpot anyway).

Was messing around in the mountains by Mahadevi last night when I found a secret tree farm. Was only about 15 or so rubber trees and was checking to see if any were ready when right in front of me one of them gets struck by lightning and gets turned into a thunderstruck tree. Seems it's worth about 700g at the moment so of course I took it!!

I do feel kind of bad as I've stolen it but hey that's what happens when you don't own land and pay your taxes. Worst thing is he'll never even know how close he was to getting it as my footprints are all that will be left! :P:pac:

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone playing this at the moment? Only started as some friends decided to try it and after 2 days of play I hit the jackpot! (Low level jackpot anyway).

Was messing around in the mountains by Mahadevi last night when I found a secret tree farm. Was only about 15 or so rubber trees and was checking to see if any were ready when right in front of me one of them gets struck by lightning and gets turned into a thunderstruck tree. Seems it's worth about 700g at the moment so of course I took it!!

I do feel kind of bad as I've stolen it but hey that's what happens when you don't own land and pay your taxes. Worst thing is he'll never even know how close he was to getting it as my footprints are all that will be left! :P:pac:

I must get back onto it now, was waiting for the immense queuing to die down!

Got to 50 and bored silly since,if your into PvP it's ok ,I much prefer pve but sadly pve is lacking.

700g is enough to buy 10 months worth of Patron. Holy crap I didn't realise just how much that was until now! :eek:

Just crafter my clipper with two friends, launching the boat felt so good. Can't wait to start some cross ocean trade routes now. Really loving the game atm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Got to 50 and bored silly since,if your into PvP it's ok ,I much prefer pve but sadly pve is lacking.

This sadly is the inherent flaw with sandbox MMO's.

I'm level 50, have a clipper, Halsa 2 hander/bow/lute, the Mirage Island mount, no place to drop a land deed and enough gold to buy a few months worth of apex. Currently I'm farming guilda for a galleon but for the life of me, I not sure why :eek:

Yup, unfortunately if you ain't into PVP, you're missing out with this game. There is nothing more fun that stealing peoples trade packs and cashing in on them.
    Or chasing down a gallion full of people while we're on a crappy little clipper. We got annihilated, but it was great fun! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is there full loot in PvP? (as in, you die and your gear can be taken?)

Nope, there's not. Just checked it there. Might give this a go this month, before WoD launches. It looks decent, but i just can't see myself getting hooked on an mmo again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I found a spot in karkasse for my large farm and I am farming polar bears. There was loads of space the day I plopped my farm down ...the next day, nothing.

Joined a large guild and the plan is to get a couple of galleons and make some merriment. Some people have made > 2000 gold already, and about 200 gilda ... absolutely nuts.

But i agree, after getting to lvl 50 you need to pvp as there just is no pve content.

As i said for me as a pve nut its a shame because the combat is actually probably the best ive experienced in your traditional tab target mmo.
    Also the class system is so diverse it would suit pve down to the ground.

Currently the 1.7 patch/add on/expansion is in translation but no eta on when it will drop for the Trion run version of the game. From what Iv read about it tho it just more PvP stuff and a huge amount of uber grinding for ship upgrades and castles.

Had a great laugh on Orchidna last night, our guild and a couple of others made a fleet (5 galleons/cutters and ~20 clippers) and at least 100 players and kicked the siht out of several groups of pirates and even a couple of Haranya ships, but after several times of getting killed they disappeared (probably logged on their carebear alts).
    Then we had a go at that NPC captain on Freedich when we thought we had enough DPS... How wrong we were. Dont know what sort of group could take that NPC down (but to be fair, we were well down on numbers from the group we started with).

It's really weird, I'm in no rush at all to level in this game and it's completely unlike how I usually approach MMO's. I'm 35 at the moment but I've being doing nothing but farming and trade runs / messing with the clipper for the past 4 days or so. Crafted my farm cart yesterday!

They've really nailed the world and some of the ideas that keep the entire thing alive and full of players of all levels are great!

• Advertisement

It's really weird, I'm in no rush at all to level in this game and it's completely unlike how I usually approach MMO's. I'm 35 at the moment but I've being doing nothing but farming and trade runs / messing with the clipper for the past 4 days or so. Crafted my farm cart yesterday!

They've really nailed the world and some of the ideas that keep the entire thing alive and full of players of all levels are great!

I'm the same. I've been playing since early access and still not even 50 yet whereas guildies have been 50 for ages now. I find no need to rush it and am still really enjoying it.
    Got 48 last night and did my level 47+ armor/weapon quests so fully kitted out until I can craft some better items. Finally built my clipper too.
    Hopefully get my last two levels tonight / tomorrow and spend some time on the seas ganking whoever I come across :P

I'm the same. I've been playing since early access and still not even 50 yet whereas guildies have been 50 for ages now. I find no need to rush it and am still really enjoying it.
    Got 48 last night and did my level 47+ armor/weapon quests so fully kitted out until I can craft some better items. Finally built my clipper too.
    Hopefully get my last two levels tonight / tomorrow and spend some time on the seas ganking whoever I come across :P

Hit 50 just last night before servers went down myself. Feels good as I've really being enjoying messing about on my clipper or roaming the mountains looking for tree farms and I can do that now without worrying about levels.

Really can't believe the game isn't a lot more popular, it's a breathe of fresh air as far as MMO's go. Sport fishing sounds like great fun, going to start levelling fishing soon and give it a go! Seems like a really good way to make gold too.

You'll need a lot of labor to start fishing.

Fishing with the bait is a pain in the arse, you get loads of different types of fish (12+), fills up inventory slots with crap. Sport fishing with the yellow lures at the start you get experience each time to get a bit, but its 100 labor a go .... and you do that until you can actually catch those fish.

If you are west there is a big lake in Solz, moonswept lake or something. There are usually people fising there. You just hope one of them drops chum to get the fish going.

Man regrades are really screwing me. Finally splashed out on the Stone Cloth set for my Templar and regrading it has been a disaster. 6 fails in a row on the chest last night and it's only rare! :(

Man regrades are really screwing me. Finally splashed out on the Stone Cloth set for my Templar and regrading it has been a disaster. 6 fails in a row on the chest last night and it's only rare! :(

Regrading is not so much a gold sink, it's a gold black hole. The RNG in this game is really skewered against players :(

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »
    Regrading is not so much a gold sink, it's a gold black hole. The RNG in this game is really skewered against players :(

Up to 8 fails in a row now. Thankfully there's not much else for me to to spend the gold on but damn this is painful.

Up to 8 fails in a row now. Thankfully there's not much else for me to to spend the gold on but damn this is painful.

What level are you trying to get your gear up to?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How is the game as a F2P users? Do they limit you hugely in what you can do?

Kiith wrote: »

F2P user's get much reduced labor point gains online, only 5 every 10 min instead of 10 and zero while offline. Labor points are used in almost every aspect of the game so its a pretty big deal. F2P user's also can't own any land which majorly reduces your ability to earn gold.

Saying that, you can level up to 50, get almost BIS gear and partake in a good portion of the endgame. For the record, even subscribers would find it hard to get BIS gear due to how crazy expensive it costs to make.

Kiith wrote: »

I would highly recommend spending the €10 on patron for your first month. The labor gain while offline is needed. Labor is key in this game, it's XP as well as how you make your profits and income.

However if you are smart and spend time farming and making gold while levelling you can buy an apex for your next months patron (sub) pretty easily. I've been playing less than a month and I'm at a point where I can make enough gold in a few hours of traderuns to buy an apex. It's not even a grind, just spread it out over a few days and it's very doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

official forums are in meltdown over an update last night. anyone know what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

froog wrote: »
    official forums are in meltdown over an update last night. anyone know what happened?

Apparently a huge portion of players could not connect and the update released a new landmass which was then claimed by clans and players that could connect. A lot of people are looking for a rollback...

Trion really need to up their game. This is the second time now that this has happened.

Apparently a huge portion of players could not connect and the update released a new landmass which was then claimed by clans and players that could connect. A lot of people are looking for a rollback...

Trion really need to up their game. This is the second time now that this has happened.

Trion need to do way more than just up there game.

They knew there was a problem with the Hackshield software that prevented legit users from logging in and even claimed that a fix to the issue was being looked into yet went and released Auroria without it in place.

They knew land grabbing hacks were in play and did nothing to monitor it, which led to empty zones being filled at a ridiculous pace. Trion nerfed the top end game gliders, than cost 150 gilda and 1000's of gold worth of mats to craft, down to the level of the basic gilder than cost less than 4 gold! Trions's version of AA's Halloween event was a disgrace. We got 1 piss poor quest instead of a pretty big amount of content ranging from 100 day fishing poles, costume and weapon skins and other goodies :(

Trion then went on a banning spree targeting players who were unhappy with how the patch was handled. Hell, they even banned one guy who said he didn't see the point of re-subscribing since he owned no land :eek:

The worse thing tho, is that Archeage is a 2 year old MMO yet it's having major problems worse than those of a brand new MMO's launch.

Auroria was a complete clusterfcuk. We had 2 guys with the required 50k mining, neither could get in game for 5 -10 minutes (on teamspeak saying they were getting a message about gods not letting them in)

Then we had 2 bunches of greens pk'ing us, one of them after they got their own castle, trying to get our mats looking for a second castle. Would they attack reds? nope, just greens. Long story short we were beaten to last castle spot by about 1 minute because of that. The only upside I suppose is that each faction got 2 castles...

It could have been worse:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2li78n/eu_aier_black_lotus_got_3_castles/
    One guild got 3 castles, thats the fun gone from that server (they made one for themselves and idiots got killed and gave them the other 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hhqWLEDBY28#t=470

look at this Red Dawn video from 7:50 just before they claimed their castle spot. Look to left of screen and see how fast people claimed thatched farmhouses...

• Advertisement

BigEejit wrote: »
    Auroria was a complete clusterfcuk. We had 2 guys with the required 50k mining, neither could get in game for 5 -10 minutes (on teamspeak saying they were getting a message about gods not letting them in)

Then we had 2 bunches of greens pk'ing us, one of them after they got their own castle, trying to get our mats looking for a second castle. Would they attack reds? nope, just greens. Long story short we were beaten to last castle spot by about 1 minute because of that. The only upside I suppose is that each faction got 2 castles...

It could have been worse:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2li78n/eu_aier_black_lotus_got_3_castles/
    One guild got 3 castles, thats the fun gone from that server (they made one for themselves and idiots got killed and gave them the other 2)

We got our castle about 20 minutes after Red Dawn and with over 200 members around the the various housing area's still got hardly any land due to bots and hacks :(

One dude named Bubblez, was able to drop 6 farmhouses in the area right around the castle stone all while 100+ Exodus members where there with orders to kill anyone not wearing our guild tag.

All Trion has to do to stop the land issues is make it so only 1 farm/house can be placed per week per account, similar to the way deleting a character works and one of the biggest problems with this game would be sorted. Considering how well Trion handled Rift, it's shocking to see a company who should know better screw up again and again :mad:

I dont have a link, but while looking into farmhouses and Auroria some guy was boasting that he put down 30 farms. What in the fcuk is wrong with Trion that they cannot spot this crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2eNOy2Cyno
    Look at this guys video on one of the NA servers. He was prepared, knew what he was doing, was clicking like crazy to get his farm down and instead every farm/house spot was instantly taken. Client is totally pwned

Just looking at archeage on twitch and there is a guy from Korea playing, he has 100Mb broadband with a 3ms ping ingame. THREE FCUKING MILLISECONDS.

And then he says he is getting gigabit broadband next week and should have 1ms ping to game..... for $27

Sigh.

He also had a great glider, it was a sloth and when he was not flying it was looking around the place and pawing at him.

Anyone still playing? Have a read of this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2mywlu/yes_i_hacked/

Claims of an entire pirate guild exploiting 500,000 gold and only getting 24 hour bans with nothing removed!!!

I've given up on the fecking game for the time being at least.

So much potential............

BigEejit wrote: »
    Anyone still playing? Have a read of this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2mywlu/yes_i_hacked/

Claims of an entire pirate guild exploiting 500,000 gold and only getting 24 hour bans with nothing removed!!!

I've given up on the fecking game for the time being at least.

So much potential............

Ditto. So much exploiting and so little done about it. Also you kinda need to be very active to get anywhere. Not really that kind of player anymore so it doesn't suit me. Back to wow I guess

Ditto. So much exploiting and so little done about it. Also you kinda need to be very active to get anywhere. Not really that kind of player anymore so it doesn't suit me. Back to wow I guess

Same here sadly :(

Trion's complete mismanagement of this game has been a total train wreck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Anyone still playing this? I started playing a few weeks ago on kyprosa after years away from mmos. Seems like the most diverse game in terms of classes (with the exception of summoner pet classes). Any Irish/uk guilds on this server?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

thought this was the best mmo i've ever played tbh (not saying much tbh i've played a lot of **** ones). decent sandbox experience. just sailing around for hours on the ocean was pretty awesome. prison! trade runs! non instanced housing and farms! etc

but badly let down by the publishers though. lots of pay to win nonsense and a horrible RNG crafting system. questing was really dull as well and there was really no endgame to speak of apart from building big ships with guilds and going pirating. and the hackers.

it had the potential to be awesome and dominate the mmo scene.

I enjoyed it for a week or so, got bored of it very quick as its mostly zergfest pvp that we have seen a thousand times before.
    SHame really because it has a really diverse class system that would be great for pve content but sadly the game lacks decent pve content.

• Advertisement
Advertisement