Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Phone Calls

Options
  • 28-06-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can offer a bright idea. I moved into my house about a year ago and got a landline connected, since then I have been driven insane by debt collecting calls for the people who had the landline number before me. Most recently it's PTSB. I have tried answering and explaining the situation but they usually just hang up on me midway through a sentence. I am assuming this is because they think I am actually the person they want to talk to but am pretending that I'm not? I've tried calling them back and explaining the situation to them but they always say I will have to wait until they call back as they have to have the account number before they can take the phone number off the system. I also tried emailing the complaints department but haven't had a reply.
    I feel like throwing the phone into a river at this stage. They've already called twice this morning.
    What else can I do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Alter the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

snubbleste wrote: »
    Alter the phone number.

Will my landline provider just give me a new number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What email address did you use wen contacting them?

What email address did you use wen contacting them?

This one: CustomerRelationsDepartment@permanenttsb.ie

I am actually a customer of PTSB and have never had a problem with them apart from this! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Toxica wrote: »
    I am actually a customer of PTSB and have never had a problem with them apart from this! :mad:

It wouldn't be them at this stage though - it would just be handed over to a collection agency.

You can just ring Eircom, tell them the problem and they will change the number for you.

While you are at it, ask Eircom to be put on the "do not call" list - stops daft sales calls.

For added happiness put the number ex-directory - less sales calls again

• Advertisement

gctest50 wrote: »
    It wouldn't be them at this stage though - it would just be handed over to a collection agency.

You can just ring Eircom, tell them the problem and they will change the number for you.

While you are at it, ask Eircom to be put on the "do not call" list - stops daft sales calls.

For added happiness put the number ex-directory - less sales calls again

Thanks for the advice, I have done that. I'm pretty sure I was already ex-directory, I usually make sure of that and make a point of never giving out my home number apart from to family because I hate being harassed by calls at home. I just hope the next number they give me is a brand new one that no one has had before! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Toxica wrote: »
    This one: CustomerRelationsDepartment@permanenttsb.ie

If you specified that it's a formal complaint, they have to respond in writing within 5 working days so they may be working on that. Website says the number for their customer relations dept is 1890 818 700. Probably quickest to give them a shout on that.

If you specified that it's a formal complaint, they have to respond in writing within 5 working days so they may be working on that. Website says the number for their customer relations dept is 1890 818 700. Probably quickest to give them a shout on that.

Thanks, maybe I should send another email. I did try ringing the number a few times but it's constantly engaged, I guess there are a lot of people complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Received a phone call from PTSB customer relations this morning apologising for the problem with the calls and assuring me that my number has been taken off this account. Great, I think then 45 minutes later - another phone call from the mortgage arrears department! Argh!!! Glad I asked my landline provider to change my number now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Advertisement