Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courier from-to galway?

Options
  • 28-06-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a courier that collects in Galway as i have purchased 2 x 7ft iron gates and need them collected in galway and delivered to Waterford?

Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Does anyone know a courier that collects in Galway as i have purchased 2 x 7ft iron gates and need them collected in galway and delivered to Waterford?

Help

If your seller can pack them up on a pallet, you could use Waterford Transport or Storeall or any of the other local transport companies whom are members of the various pallet networks to get them collected by a fellow network member and delivered to you by themselves usually overnight.

As the gates are 7ft wide they will be treated as two palets (or maybe more depending on the height of the gates if packaged flat as pricing is dependent on how may pallet spaces you take up on the truck and is limited to a size an weight that can be easily handled)

A single pallet anywhere in Ireland normally costs about €40 to €45 plus Vat, don't quote me but from memory max dimensions per pallet are 1m x 1m, 1.7m high, and 1200kg max weight, so if the gates can be stood on their end in a safe transport frame you should be able to keep your costs down.

Advertisement