Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin House Prices

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭bitemeluis

Excellent point Phil - by the way, you were crap tonight in midfield, stick to defending

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

South side good, northside, bad,
    is a gross simplication,
    There s plenty , of nice quiet areas, on the northside .
    With people on high incomes living there .The southside looks like one large suburb to me, with less parks to go to.
    And a few shopping centre s .
    I can,t say i admire someone who pays 300k for a 3bed semi,so they can say i live in a certain area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

ted1 wrote: »
    It's not really about geographic locations, at this stage south dublin is a brand that encompasses the affluent areas.

Plenty of scum hole flats on the southside in D4. Is that also part of the branding?

Some folk need to remove their head from their rectum.

I would have no preference being north or south dublin and i have worked in every area of dublin in sales. I live in north dublin, in a decent area 15 minute walk from the sea, so i am neither driving a porsche, or riding a horse. Oddly enough, the nicest and most down to earth people i have met in general while working, was when i was working in Tallaght in Killinarden of all places :eek:
    The area was a kip to be in, but the people were so welcoming and would bring you in and make you feel at home.

Then you work in the "affluent" areas and especially the south side brigade and for the most part, they are littered with out and out snobs, stuck up their own holes. Some were nice, but most wouldn't give you a second look if you arrived on their doorstep with a knife in your head asking you to call an ambulance.

And i don't have a typical howiya accent either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

riclad wrote: »
    South side good, northside, bad,
    is a gross simplication,
    There s plenty , of nice quiet areas, on the northside .
    With people on high incomes living there .The southside looks like one large suburb to me, with less parks to go to.
    And a few shopping centre s .
    I can,t say i admire someone who pays 300k for a 3bed semi,so they can say i live in a certain area.

Agreed, while theres certain parts of the north side I wouldn't live in, i could say the same about certain parts of the north side. Killiney in disguise (ballybrack) springs to mind.
    Actually, I could live in ballybrack very happily, so long as I wasn't paying the killiney premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Isn't this thread meant to be about house prices :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sussex everyone. The North side IS a sh*tkip, full of scum, with no beaches, no schools, and rife criminal activity. You'd be made to buy over here.

(the best thing about childish ignorance is that it keeps them squabbling over property on the south side)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Personally I'd ignore this Ted person, his southside-snob posts are winding people up slowly. I had an 'argument' with him before because he insinuated something about his neck being better because there were less Tescos in the southside near his area compared to the northside. He then blocked me for arguing that there was a tesco down the road from his area :rolleyes:

Dublin Southside is an area of Dublin, including good and bad areas, just like the northside.
    South County Dublin is an area of Dublin, including good and bad areas, just like the northside.
    Killiney/Ballybrack, where he seems to live, is an area of Dublin, including good and bad areas, just like the northside.

Southside Dublin is not a brand, it is a part of Dublin.

You don't hear anyone from my middle class part of north Dublin going on about branding, this is complete snobbery and should not be part of a debate about Dublin House Prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Zamboni wrote: »
    This thread is just full of downright ignorant snobbery and should best be locked at this stage.
    Remember ignorant snobs are as disgusting as ignorant scum.

I agree.
    The amount of crap being spouted here is quite astounding.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement