Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arrears

Options
  • 28-06-2014 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

having a lot of difficulty paying my mortgage currently with all the cut backs in my salary
    will they take 2 months payment end of august and hope to clear arrears within a year
    i had some medical expense and household repairs that left me broke ..unfortunately
    has anyone else had similar experience im with one of the main lenders ...thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

shoshannal wrote: »
    having a lot of difficulty paying my mortgage currently with all the cut backs in my salary
    will they take 2 months payment end of august and hope to clear arrears within a year
    i had some medical expense and household repairs that left me broke ..unfortunately
    has anyone else had similar experience im with one of the main lenders ...thanks all
    Wrong forum. Bear with me and I'll move it somewhere more suitable.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Hi OP,

I'm going to moved your thread to the Accommodation & Property forum, as I think that the guys and girls there will be able to provide you with more appropriate responses when it comes to the financial issues and mortgage arrears that you mention in your post. There's also a better chance of finding someone there who has been through a similar experience and can provide you with some insight.

Please note that the A&P charter applies from here on in.

Regards
    Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Talk to your bank ASAP. Talk to MABS too, and they can help give you proper advice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If the additional expenses are once off blips- the lender may agree to a payment holiday on the mortgage. It would probably require a letter from a consultant to the effect that the illness is not chronic and is unlikely to recur.

Occasionally there are exceptions made- e.g. where the family are working, and in secure jobs- but have unexpected expenses (it could be literally anything). A letter from a personnel department to the effect that the parties are in fulltime permanent employment, not of a contract nature, and what the core salary is- alongside the standard income statement- would normally be needed for this.

You need to talk to your lender in the first instance- and if you don't get anywhere with them- then look at MABS and other options.

Advertisement