Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best value for iPhone

• 28-06-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    can anyone advise me as to where is the best place to buy an iphone and which is the best value at the moment. My guess is iphone 5 given that iphone 6 is out soon. Maybe Iphone 4 would be good value.
    I want to buy one for my wife who currently has a nokia candybar phone.
    She is resistant to a smartphone but has an ipad and is very comfortable with it so I am sure she would find an iphone easier than she expect. She would be familiar with the operating system from the ipad.
    We are both on vodaphone but I am sim only so can move. It usually makes better sense for both of us to be on the same network but thats not a big deal if we could get a good value iphone somewhere else..
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

You don't give much idea of the usage and needs you, or your wife have for a smart phone, or package in general, so let me be vague.

Voda tend to be the most expensive and when it comes to upgrades, they usually want your old phone back, which is ridiculous if you ask me.

Three have about the best price and plans over all, but god help you if you need customer care, as they are atrocious.

Emobile has good plans, especially if you are an Eircom customer. Customer care is usually ok.

Meteor, as above with Emobile.

O2...I would personally just avoid. Similar to Voda, but network is a bit stretched and Three are taking them over (or atleast that's the plan).

Tesco I can't really comment on. Never really looked into them and I don't believe they do the iPhone.

I would suggest Emobile, or Meteor, but you might want to wait for the new iPhone to come out, as it usually makes the current model cheaper. Emobile can do 12, or 18 month contracts. I believe the other providers are pushing the 24 month contracts for the most part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

O2 are offering free 8 GB 5C with 55 euro a month tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

8GB is next to useless, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Duff wrote: »
    8GB is next to useless, though.

Depends on how you use it. If you stream music (eg spotify), back up movies, photos and files online (which you should do regardless the size of your phones storage) and don't play many games (they are usually large apps) and have a good data package or are mostly in wifi then it's fine. Over the last few years my phones have gone 32gb with the iPhone 4S, next was 16gb and then 8gb and I'm managing fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I must be doing something wrong then. I've a 16gb 5s and use Spotify for music and have all my photos uploaded to Shutterfly. Only have 2 games on the phone and then the usual apps like Twitter, FB and Snapchat and only have 2.4GB free? It'll do until the 6 is released anyway and I'll get the 32gb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Accountsplus

Thanks for the replies. Pricing for the phone seems to be fairly standard across the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Have a look on adverts.ie pick up a nice phone the if you're looking at the 4 id look at getting the 4s at least .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Don't buy on contract, pick up one used on Adverts or buy direct from Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Just be careful if you're buying off Adverts.ie, make sure it's someone with good feedback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement