Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-Statements preventing copy

Options
  • 28-06-2014 8:45pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭

e-Statements appear to be given out as an encrypted PDF with the security option preventing copying enabled. Why are BoI doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Red Alert, 

Many thanks for posting. 

eStatements can be viewed, saved or printed in PDF however copying or altering is not possible as they are official documents. 

Thanks

Billy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I do understand the reasoning behind setting the option, but there are a couple of problems with it:

Yesterday, for example, I was trying to put together a number of unaltered documents in a single PDF that included a bank statement, and the copy prevention option prevents this.  I had to go through quite a rigmarole to do what is a very simple operation when dealing with a scanned paper statement. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Red Alert wrote: »
    I do understand the reasoning behind setting the option, but there are a couple of problems with it:

Yesterday, for example, I was trying to put together a number of unaltered documents in a single PDF that included a bank statement, and the copy prevention option prevents this.  I had to go through quite a rigmarole to do what is a very simple operation when dealing with a scanned paper statement. 
    I can see why that would be inconvenient. One option would be to use the 'Export Transaction History' option. This will allow you to export your transactions in .csv format. You can access this by selecting your account and 'Export Transaction History' towards the bottom left of the page. If you do not see the option, please select 'More Transactions' and you should see it then. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement