Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Pump Electrics

Options
  • 28-06-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My current shower pump - which is broken - is wired from a spur (located in the hot press and looks like this http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/42268048.jpg) to the pump (i.e. there's not plug - its wired into the casing itself). But my new pump has a plug - salamander ct50+. So essentially I have a plug with no socket - and our heating manifold is wired into this spur also.

Can I just take off the socket and connect the two wires together. (P.S. I'm don't think I can just take off the plug and wire from the pump as there seems the be other wires in the pump that connect into the same connections was the three core wires on the plug. - hope this all makes some sense.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

and yes, its a moulded plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

You will need a socket installed for the new pump.

You will need a socket installed for the new pump.

Thanks - def no way I can't connect the two wires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

karlitob wrote: »
    Thanks - def no way I can't connect the two wires?

Cutting off the plug may void the warranty, ask your supplier.

Cutting off the plug may void the warranty, ask your supplier.

Ah yeah but Im not too worried about that - I can always put it back on. I guess Im just asking what are the chances of blowing up the house - that kinda thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement