Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a festival solo

Options
  • 29-06-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Circumstances are everyone has moved on, and is settled.. im the opposite coming out of a long term 10 year relationship kids etc. i would still like to go to a festival. so how odd would going to a festival on your own be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Go for it, nothing like having the freedom to go to whatever stage you like.

I've done it before, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SunRain

Skid X wrote: »
    Go for it, nothing like having the freedom to go to whatever stage you like.

I've done it before, really enjoyed it.

I've done travelling solo and agree its a great thing to do. This seems different though, i was 25 then im 42 now. Im purely into the music and like the all types electronica and indie.. is there a good festival out there for my tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The great thing about festivals is the making of friends so you won't be lonely for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

SunRain wrote: »
    I've done travelling solo and agree its a great thing to do. This seems different though, i was 25 then im 42 now. Im purely into the music and like the all types electronica and indie.. is there a good festival out there for my tastes.

Usually Electric Picnic has a good mix of indie and electronica although you might have to wait a month before further announcements, as a lot of the electronica gets announced August such as Rave in the Woods and the Little Big Tent. This will be my 9th Picnic this year I went to the first four on my todd and had a great time, I'm 49 now so EP would suit your age group too plus there is a wide selection of stages catering for different types of music.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Do it, you'll have a blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

Go for it! But will you be camping because I think you would be better staying in a nearby hotel if you're on your own

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Umadbrah? wrote: »
    Go for it! But will you be camping because I think you would be better staying in a nearby hotel if you're on your own

Nonsense. My mate went home on the opening night of Indiependence last year and I had great chats with neighbours in the campsite. Had an absolute blast. In truth, I had a better time without him than when he was there.

Go for it. Camp and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Nonsense. My mate went home on the opening night of Indiependence last year and I had great chats with neighbours in the campsite. Had an absolute blast. In truth, I had a better time without him than when he was there.

Go for it. Camp and enjoy yourself.

I mean OP is 49. His camping neighbours could be teens who will be up all night riding each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I mean OP is 49. His camping neighbours could be teens who will be up all night riding each other.

I'm 49 the OP is 42, camping, not a problem for me, make friends with yer neighbours and you'll do fine.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well if he's just coming out of a 10 year relationship, then being around randy teens is exactly where he'll wanna be. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pidgeoneyes

I'm 32, thinking of going to Indiependence alone. Struggling to get anyone to go, re wives, girlfriends, kids etc:) As others have said, get on with the neighbours and things should be fine. Just wondering have many tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Went to EP on me tod last year at age of 41, had a ball

Not relying on others to decide where and when to go to acts was rather enjoyable.

Repeating the same thing this year.

I'm 32, thinking of going to Indiependence alone. Struggling to get anyone to go, re wives, girlfriends, kids etc:) As others have said, get on with the neighbours and things should be fine. Just wondering have many tried it?

Go for it pal. I was abandoned but went out, had a few beers in the arena, got chatting to neighbours in the campsite and all was good. Hung around with them for a while but pretty much ended up doing my own thing and chatting to people in tents/main stage anyway for the duration of the set and wasn't tied down to anybody as such.

If I was hungry I got food. There was no, "ah hold on there a minute, I need to get something here first so wait for me" type of shíte.

It might seem daunting but you'll end up forgetting what it is you were worrying about in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded someone there with me but don't regret not missing out on a potentially brilliant weekend just because nobody else wants to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Always go on my own and am 37 and enjoy it more to be honest.

No worries about what bands your gonna see - and most importantly can drink and take as much drugs as you want.

** Everything in Moderation especially Moderation***

Advertisement