Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to run near Dundrum

Options
  • 29-06-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm a total rookie runner. I can barely do 2km max! but I'd like to start running regularly to get fitter.

Can someone please suggest places in or close to dundrum shopping center area for running? The closer to Dundrum the better, primarily I suppose because I dont drive.

How is Loreto Park? And what about Ballawley Park?

Do these parks or any others around have kilometers marked?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Go to south east Dundrum then take out your good phone.
    Get set for a good run.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

Dodd wrote: »
    Go to south east Dundrum then take out your good phone.
    Get set for a good run.:)
    Thanks Dodd :) I forgot to add I'd really prefer to run in a park! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The Deer Park is about a mile away and it is exactly one mile around the perimeter, grass and woodland, lots of runners there all the time.
    Ballawley is kind of small but you COULD do it, and measure with your pedometer or Google Earth
    and then there's Belfield.
    If you havent a car, then a short bus ride or better still, a bike will get you to someplace nice for running!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's a greenway from Balally Luas along the Slang to Stonemason's Way. About 2km end to end. Lots of joggers on Barton Road East as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,734 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There's also the park between Ludford and Hillview here:
    http://goo.gl/maps/bWTq0

Plenty of people walking/running there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Lol whys this in Dublin City?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

I know you said you dont drive but if you can make it to Marlay Park you wont regret it.
    Pathway all around the circumference and loads of trail running too.

If your running about 2k you will find the concert pitch route infront of the house perfect (unfortunately the concert pitch is currently closed.... because of the concerts!!! but you see what I mean :)

May I suggest having a look at this? http://www.parkrun.ie/marlay/

Its on every Saturday morning and its free.. loads of begginers like yourself and a 5K would give you a nice aim..

P.s.. I'm just back from a smashing run in Marlay.. its a great place

Advertisement