Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thornville Drive - Kilbarrack

Options
  • 29-06-2014 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for some honest feedback... have a chance to let a really lovely house which works well for our family, just up the road from the kids' school on Greendale Road (so sort of Raheny are a too??) - so they can walk - HUGE bonus. The neighborhood seems fine but heard a lot of mumbles about the area around the Dart station is not nice no safe. Is this area considered to be around the dart station? Would it be a SAFE area for the kids to grow up .... I suppose we are street wise humans but there will be times when we return from being in the city centre on the Dart and after 9 pm.

When some people say bad area (what exact area is that)...
    Thornville Drive, Kilbarrack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Hi Hepsie, I would go for it if I was you. I think the area is fine. Like all places, it will have it's good and bad. I worked in Greendale for a few years and never had a problem. I know a couple of people from Thornville and it's a fairly settled area.

In general, any areas near DART stations will have problems but I don't think Kilbarrack is any worse than, say, Howth Junction or Harmonstown (where I am). You'd be about a five minute walk from the station so it's not exactly on your doorstep. As you said, the school being within walking distance is a big bonus too.

There is a kind of outreach centre beside the church/shops called KCCP where they hold support groups/counselling for ex drug-misusers. A few years go this used to be a hangout place for a lot of undesirables but it's quietened down a hell of a lot. I think they mostly run afterschool programmes and the likes now.

Can't think of anything else to ad for the minute but as I said, if I was you I would go for it. Good luck :)

Advertisement