Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Health Insurance including STD coverage

Options
  • 29-06-2014 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey

I'm Irish living overseas.

I recently was hospitalised for something fairly minor and was surprised to learn as part of it that STDs are not including in my VHI International health insurance package

It's been a long time since I've had a HIV test, I'm well overdue, but I'm afraid to get tested now due to not having insurance coverage

Can anyone recommend a health insurance package for expat Irish that includes coverage for HIV contracted after the policy starts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

use rubbers, bit late now though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iwttsrq

w**ker

Any more useful replies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭fits

you could look at vanbreda expat insurance. It is expensive but Id say STIs are covered.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

simplybam infracted for trolling. OP posted looking for advice on a sensitive topic, your response was in no way appropriate.

iwtrrsq infracted for personal abuse. If you see a post like the above, use the report post button, and a moderator will take appropriate action. Your response is against the forum and site rules. I see you are new to Boards, so I recommend you read the Charter thread located at the top of the forum, which outlines what is and isn't allowed on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 iwttsrq

Sorry Moderator.

Back to the topic: Thank you fits for the pointer, I contacted Cigna (formerly known as vanbreda) and they said they do cover STIs including HIV contracted through any kind of intercourse as long as you "are taking due care and attention to avoid any STI’s"

The price is 135 euro per month vs about 90 per month for VHI Global for the basic packages in both cases.

Thanks again

Advertisement