Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc phone alarm

Options
  • 29-06-2014 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I moved into a rental house 3 year ago. It has a Hkc phone alarm fitted but the rental agency didn't know the alarm code. My problem is that I have a pre-pay electric meter, if it runs out of money - then alarm starts swinging which is very annoying. If I remove the backup battery - will this STOP the alarm from going off or is there a fault with the battery? The alarm control panel doesn't say anything about a faulty battery. I can't get an alarm engineer out coz I'm on the dole at present and money is a bit tight. I just want to stop the alarm sounding if the electrical meter runs dry. Any help you can give would be most welcome..
    P.S. The pcb inside the alarm box with the battery says that the default code for the engineer is **** , is this the same for all Hkc Alarms...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

symbozz wrote: »
    I moved into a rental house 3 year ago. It has a Hkc phone alarm fitted but the rental agency didn't know the alarm code. My problem is that I have a pre-pay electric meter, if it runs out of money - then alarm starts swinging which is very annoying. If I remove the backup battery - will this STOP the alarm from going off or is there a fault with the battery? The alarm control panel doesn't say anything about a faulty battery. I can't get an alarm engineer out coz I'm on the dole at present and money is a bit tight. I just want to stop the alarm sounding if the electrical meter runs dry. Any help you can give would be most welcome..
    P.S. The pcb inside the alarm box with the battery says that the default code for the engineer is **** , is this the same for all Hkc Alarms...

That would be the default code.
    You would need to default the system and set it back up. A factory default will work if not engineer locked.
    To try the default, turn off the mains, disconnect the battery, remove the factory link marked JP1 in the centre of the board.
    Power up on battery and you should be prompted to default the system on the keypad.
    The default user code is 1111, default engineer 4567.
    If you don't have the code and just want to down power the system then removing power and main going to the pcb will turn it off completely.
    Just to be safe make sure you turn off the mains going to the control panel before opening the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

or call an alarm guy out to do it

Advertisement