Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa

Options
  • 29-06-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi team,every time I try to buy something online and I am confronted by verified by visa, I am unable to purchase.  I have set up this account several time and have even been locked out and have reset my password, only to be asked to be asked again today to activate my account by entering my details.  

I have even been asked to enter my house number of where I lived when I was 10, how you would have this
    This information is beyond me.

how can I solve this issue so it stops happening?
    Thanks 

Jenny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for getting in touch.

<snip>

If you have locked your password, this can only be unlocked by calling our Verified by Visa Team on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and selecting options 1 and then 2.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coolcom5

Hi team,every time I try to buy something online and I am confronted by verified by visa, I am unable to purchase.  I have set up this account several time and have even been locked out and have reset my password, only to be asked to be asked again today to activate my account by entering my details.  

I have even been asked to enter my house number of where I lived when I was 10, how you would have this
    This information is beyond me.

how can I solve this issue so it stops happening?
    Thanks 

Jenny
    I agree.

This system is well intentioned but it is out of control and a total disaster. I have been locked out by apparently not knowing where I lived when I was 10 also !  I don't think we had a street. I lived in the country where townlands, etc are used.  Now i cant buy the stuff i had wanted. To fix it is even worse. You have to call the help line and then quote your full bank a/c number. Now to me this is nuts. One of the first warnings we are given about banking security is do not quote your bank a/c number over the phone. I declined  to give my details so my debit card remains locked. Happy days with BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

HI coolcom5,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with Verified by Visa, as mentioned by Tara above in order to unlock or reset your password it will be necessary to contact our Verified By Visa Team on number quoted above. For verification purposes your account details will be required, as you are calling a secure line we can assure you your bank account details are held within the strictest confidence and will not be used for any other purpose only to unlock your Verified by Visa Account.

We hope this helps clarify this for you, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement