Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite WC intro ?

• 29-06-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Whats your favourite WC intro ?

is it.....

BBC's intro

ITV's intro

RTE's intro

Fav Intro ? 12 votes

BBC
    0% 0 votes
    ITV
    41% 5 votes
    RTE
    58% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd never watched the BBC and ITV intros until now. And I still wonder if RTE's is their own or done for someone else; it seems too good.

I'll go for RTE. BBC second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

RTE (prefer this tune above all the others)
    BBC
    ITV

.... in that order for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'd never watched the BBC and ITV intros until now. And I still wonder if RTE's is their own or done for someone else; it seems too good.

I'll go for RTE.

RTE's is the official one provided by FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sparko wrote: »

Ah. As I feared/suspected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sparko wrote: »

Ah ... that explains a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Not overly impressed with any of them, to be honest. Couldn't RTE have made up their own? I'm sure they got some extremely talented people working in graphics/animation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

blueser wrote: »
    Not overly impressed with any of them, to be honest. Couldn't RTE have made up their own? I'm sure they got some extremely talented people working in graphics/animation.

This made me laugh. They made a massive deal about when they changed the RTÉ logo, even though nobody noticed it had changed. Considering their coverage is being run on a shoe string, I doubt they would have the funds to employ people to make their own intro. The cost of BBC's and ITV's intros probably make up RTÉ's whole world cup coverage budget.

Anyway, I think ITV's is the best. BBC's is creepy as feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I liked the one FIFA made for the 2006 WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I kind of like the ****ty animation of the official fifa/rte one.

They just had to reference 1966 in the UTV one didnt they.

I kind of like the ****ty animation of the official fifa/rte one.

They just had to reference 1966 in the UTV one didnt they.
    Why wouldn't they? It's the finest moment in England's football history; of course they'd reference it. Every country likes to look back at past successes. And looking at the quality of the current bunch of jokers playing for England, they'll be a while waiting for another major trophy so they'd better make the most of 1966. And I wish I had a tenner for every time I've seen Ray Houghton's goals at Euro '88 and USA '94.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fifa one is the best. Shows a gathering of nations for football in Brazil.

The rest don't really show the "world" and carnival aspect to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that fella getting the ronaldo haircut in the ITV one annoys me. no idea why. it's the main reason i can't stand it.
    and the music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

I liked ITV's one for France '98.

It was a Jean Michel Jarre electronic tune called "Rendez Vous '98" with match clips. When Michael Owen scored his wonder goal against Argentina, they used footage of it and it worked really well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6lraEDizM

that fella getting the ronaldo haircut in the ITV one annoys me. no idea why. it's the main reason i can't stand it.
    and the music.
    Along with the ''Brazeel, Brazeel'' guff. As Mr Kipling might say; exceedingly annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the bbc one has the nicest tune

Advertisement