Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very little water from hot tap....

• 29-06-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I recently had a new Baxi Combi Boiler installed.
    My water is Direct Mains.
    The problem is when I turn on the hot tap in the kitchen all I get is a drizzle of water. The cold tap is OK! as as us the shower.
    This happens even when all the appliances are off.
    Can anyone advise me please?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

cathorio wrote: »
    I recently had a new Baxi Combi Boiler installed.
    My water is Direct Mains.
    The problem is when I turn on the hot tap in the kitchen all I get is a drizzle of water. The cold tap is OK! as as us the shower.
    This happens even when all the appliances are off.
    Can anyone advise me please?? :)

Is it only the hot at the kitchen sink or is it all the hot taps.If it's at all taps problems at boiler if it's only one tap problems there

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Robbie, it's just the hot tap in the kitchen.thank God everything else is OK!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

If it's only one tap it could be an airlock. To clear if it's a mixer tap for hot and cold water turn on the hot tap block the tap with your hand then turn on the cold tap to send water into the hot water pipe. That should clear the airlock.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If it's only one tap it could be an airlock. To clear if it's a mixer tap for hot and cold water turn on the hot tap block the tap with your hand then turn on the cold tap to send water into the hot water pipe. That should clear the airlock.

Your tip will work with tank fed hot water but this is mains fed so it's more likely to be a tap issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

Guys I love you......cheers for all the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement