Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What transport to take at 5.00 a.m. to reach Voxpro workplace?

Options
  • 29-06-2014 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,
    I apologize for my English, I am a spanish girl and I have been offered a call center job in Cork for Voxpro in mid July. Now, I am looking for an accomodation (probably in the City Center because there are only few rooms for rent in Blackrock near Voxpro) and for transport to reach the workplace. They said me that I will have early shifts beginning in the morning at 5.00 a.m. but I have found no bus lines in Cork so early in the morning! How could I reach the Voxpro workplace without spending lot of money, i.e. without paying for taxi every morning? I cannot afford to buy a car on my own in Cork for the moment because I have few money. I have seen on buseireann.ie and other websites but I have not been able to find bus routes at 4.00-4.30 a.m. in the morning. Could you help me please? Thank you very much for your help. Maricela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Bicycle or walking is going to be your only option at that hour of the morning unless you meet someone there that is also living in the city centre.
    When searching for accommodation broaden your search to also look for Mahon, Jacobs Island, Ballintemple, Skehard Road, Well Road and Boreenmanna Road as you may find something closer to your workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maricela

Bicycle or walking is going to be your only option at that hour of the morning unless you meet someone there that is also living in the city centre.
    When searching for accommodation broaden your search to also look for Mahon, Jacobs Island, Ballintemple, Skehard Road, Well Road and Boreenmanna Road as you may find something closer to your workplace.

Thanks for your reply twowheelsonly. Perhaps I will buy a bicycle, even if Cork is a rainy city. But it seems that I have no choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

maricela wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply twowheelsonly. Perhaps I will buy a bicycle, even if Cork is a rainy city. But it seems that I have no choice.

You can get cheap bikes on donedeal.ie or adverts.ie that will suit you fine.

Good luck with the new job and I hope you settle in to Cork very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

My friend works there, Voxpro have a sharing service set up for employees. Leaves Grand Parade every morning at 04:30. Only costs a couple of euro. Or so I'm told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maricela

Thanks to everybody for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

They have changing/shower facilities at Voxpro too (for those rainy days on the bike!)

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to share a lift with once you've actually started working - most likely you will have a week or two of training first, which is likely held during normal business hours.

Best of luck and welcome to Cork!

Advertisement