Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Wexford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Dublin win in 2nd gear, I wouldn't be surprised if it's part of the plan because we were very sluggish against Laois as well. We'll need to up the pace against Meath in the final though, they'll be far better than Wexford.

Costello is a gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

Surely its time now that Dublin dont get a home game every Champ match?

Speaking as a Dub and for a lot I know, we'd love another road trip. Insane to think our last summer trip was Longford back in 2006 I think. People still talk of the 2 trips to Tipp to play Kerry back in 2001.

But the issue is with the GAA and Croke Park authorities. They've sold corporate boxes and advertising deals on the lure of Dublin in Croker. Even though now even double headers can barely half fill it.

Next year hopefully, too late this year unless Meath beat us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Surely its time now that Dublin dont get a home game every Champ match?

Do you the venue is the problem ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

Alan Brogans kicked a few wides in the last two games. But they're always when he shoots off balance or snatches at a shot. When he's properly set the accuracy is very good.
    Aside from his scores Costello's link play is very good. Costello and B Brogan could make for a more fluent attack than we saw at times today.
    Devereux anther good game.
    MDMA and Connollys ability to count to ten will probably be targetted by Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Patser wrote: »
    Speaking as a Dub and for a lot I know, we'd love another road trip. Insane to think our last summer trip was Longford back in 2006 I think. People still talk of the 2 trips to Tipp to play Kerry back in 2001.

But the issue is with the GAA and Croke Park authorities. They've sold corporate boxes and advertising deals on the lure of Dublin in Croker. Even though now even double headers can barely half fill it.

Next year hopefully, too late this year unless Meath beat us.

If it's a draw the next day the replay is the same day as Gareth Brooks so it will be a road trip if that happens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

rpurfield wrote: »
    If it's a draw the next day the replay is the same day as Gareth Brooks so it will be a road trip if that happens ;)

Maybe the GAA will ask the residents can they have the replay on the 6th night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

rpurfield wrote: »

There is no chance of the Leinster Final going to a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Poor game. Very happy that the Kildare Meath game provided a game. Meath looked good yesterday.

There was not much to talk about in the game. Thought the ref handled the digging match well.

Advertisement