Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excavation near Maldron Hotel

• 29-06-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, just wondering does anybody know what the works running parallel to the motorway on both sides of the junction near the Maldron are? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

On the town side or the other side of the motorway? If the latter, hopefully they're adding exit/entrance points for southbound traffic... (deemed not to be "worth it" at the time of building the bypass!)

On the town side or the other side of the motorway? If the latter, hopefully they're adding exit/entrance points for southbound traffic... (deemed not to be "worth it" at the time of building the bypass!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

Ha-ha not a hope! It's a gas pipeline I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nitehawk

On the Raheen side -opposite to the town side. I too was hoping it was the start of a new link road to town via Roxboro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

peckerhead wrote: »

I don't think it was deemed not worth it , I thought it was something to do with planning permission and the locals , didn't they just get temporary permission for the road until the tunnel part was completed and then it was to revert back to just one exit . I am fairly sure we went through all this back at the time it happened .

Always open to correction .... always .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jonski wrote: »
    I don't think it was deemed not worth it , I thought it was something to do with planning permission and the locals , didn't they just get temporary permission for the road until the tunnel part was completed and then it was to revert back to just one exit . I am fairly sure we went through all this back at the time it happened .

Always open to correction .... always .

Yeah. It was originally due to be a full junction, but the local councillors at the time campaigned against a full junction because of the traffic that would be entering Childers Rd from the junction. As soon as the road opened they started complaining about the lack of access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Passed along there earlier. Seems to start also between the n24 and n20 as well. Lots of black plastic piping all lined up along the ground. Underground works so. I also noticed along by the n69 all the vehicles were OPC office of public works.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

It's bord gais that seems to be doing the work, so assuming it's new gas pipes they are laying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It's a new gas pipeline with above ground installations at the Cement Factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's a gas pipeline alright as it goes by the soccer pitches in Rathuard also.

Advertisement