Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Bull Island

Options
  • 29-06-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why they have Council barriers to stop cars going onto the beaches?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Joyriders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The barriers weren't there any other time I went and i doubt plastic barriers are a match for a joyrider

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

They're just stopping cars going on the beach. Sand is way too dry and most cars will just get stuck.

Makes sense,I did see some pictures of guards being pushed on beaches.

Shame they don't stick a sign explaining this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

been good few caes getting stuck lately in the sand and i think some of the dunes were eroded over the winter storms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

jeffk wrote: »
    The barriers weren't there any other time I went and i doubt plastic barriers are a match for a joyrider

Ah. I thought you were talking about the rocks that were there last time I was there.

tricky D wrote: »
    Ah. I thought you were talking about the rocks that were there last time I was there.

No sorry,plastic barriers like they put around roadworks etc. The only rocks I ever seen was to section off the beach so you cant go from one end to the other in a car etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

DCC is doing a trial this summer, keep all cars off the beaches to improve the environment for beach-users.

It'll be one hell of a PITA for anyone windsurfing / kitesurfing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

deandean wrote: »
    DCC is doing a trial this summer, keep all cars off the beaches to improve the environment for beach-users.

It'll be one hell of a PITA for anyone windsurfing / kitesurfing.

In fairness the cars already take up quite a small area and many of the beach users are car owners. I would say the vast majority of beach users arrive by car, rather than walking down the causeway or bridge.

spurious wrote: »
    In fairness the cars already take up quite a small area and many of the beach users are car owners. I would say the vast majority of beach users arrive by car, rather than walking down the causeway or bridge.
    Here Here

It will just drive people to other places nearby

• Advertisement
Advertisement