Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adi theory test

Options
  • 29-06-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can someone please help here I took the part 1 Adi theory test, I was told at the end I had past however when I went home and looked at the paper only the first four sections had a score, I can't remember if I done 4 or 5 sections but the car b section was not marked, I have no idea what's happened did the test guy load my test incorrectly? Did I not choose an option at the end of the test? Does not section flow into the next like the first four? this was my first attempt so I have no idea how it's designed by the man administering the test was clueless!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Digged

Hi Adina22 I passed my adi theory test 3 months ago and I've just looked up my examination breakdown sheet. My first four sections are marked also and my category B section is marked too. Not sure what your story is but I think u should definitely have 5 sections on your result sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Adina22

Thanks for your reply, do you remember when you took the test and the first 4 sections finished, was it obvious you was starting that part five? Eg did you have to select your category or did it ask it you wanted to take a extra part?

After the first 4 sections I actually thought I was finished, I was sitting back checking everything before I checked out. Then when I pressed finish it went into a 5th section automatically. I got a bit of a shock because I thought there was only four sections and I spent a load of my time checking over all my answers and then I had to rush the 5th section as my time was getting low

Could have being loaded incorrectly but it very doubtful I'd say. I'm remember something bout a questionnaire but I declined it

Don't talk to me about problems. I started my process in January and I sent my Garda vetting off straight away. Weeks went by and no sign of any word back so I contacted them about it. They told me that had only seen off my vetting 2 weeks ago even though they had it bout 5-6 weeks. Eventually at start of April I got a letter for my theory test on 19th April. Passed that and applied for stage 2 that day and should have got word of a date in the post in a week. 2 weeks passed by and no word so I contacted them again. They told me they received no payment which I had sent. Tracked my postal order and it was actually cashed and all by them. They wouldnt believe me so I had to get the head post office to contact them with date, what time and what bank it was cashed in. They eventually rang me back bout a week later and said they found my payment but it was my own fault as I put the wrong ADI number on the application. They actually gave me the ADI number over the phone as I didn't know it when I was filling in application. Some joke !!

• Advertisement

Good news I didn't need to do the 5th section everything is done and should have licence in next couple of weeks! :)

Great news, I wonder is that because you were already an ADI in uk so

Yeh they said I only needed to do a reduced theory test, good luck with the rest of your exams

Thanks

Any idea if I need dual controls in my car for the Stage 3 exam ?

• Advertisement

I would think it's not compulsory, but I took my test in the uk and the examiners were quite difficult mine did some really mad things like speed up to take a corner, having no duals may make you extra nervous I was teaching for a year before my test but still took 3 attempts with the same examiner to pass although deep down you no they won't crash the car I think it will help you control the situation and recover better. I won't even teach without dual controls and I've been instructing 8 years people can do some mad things lol

Hello again !! I'm definitely goin to get them in anyway but just wondering do I need them for test. Might be as handy have them for test

You don't need for test but you may find it easier to pass the test.
    You can always just hire from instructor for the day!

Ok thanks for help, I think I'll get them put in anyway and have them done

Any idea how the trainee licence works ? I'm not for my stage 3 exam till the end of this month so I got a trainee licence to practice. My ordinary insurance will not cover me to give lessons and they won't give me instructor insurance till I'm qualified. Also my trainer is an ADI and his insurance won't cover a trainee to give lessons in his car. So how does the trainee licence work ?

Hi ya ok I done my training in the uk so may be abit different, as mine worked you need to find a instructor who is registered to teach most common with the big driving schools ISM eg you then need to sign up under there school or name which is only possible if they are aloud to train others, a normal instructor can train others bit is not aloud to advertise this. I think there is a large Dublin school called airport driving school that to me look like they would do this, this info may not be 100%

But you should be able to get a instructor to do stage 3 lessons with you eg they are the pupil and you instruct

Thanks for reply. I already have my trainer named to the RSA as I needed to do this to get the trainee licence. I know I can practice with my trainer with him being the pupil but he was actually going to get some proper pupils for me to teach. The trainee licence is advertised as I can starting earning money straight away with my trainer only having to supervise 1 out of every 5 lessons

Ok I see umm well my insurance was sorted out by the company I trained with, but I would think the insurance company should be able to provide insurance to someone with a valid training licence I'd say call another one and try to clarify from them how you can get insurance

It's a broker I'm insured with and they rang around and nobody would take me on as trainee. I might ring RSA Tuesday and see did they come across this before. How are u getting on since setting up ?

Yeh I just checked with my insurance company in uk and they cover pdi so I suppose it's a case of finding one if there is one! Yeh I have a full time job at the moment and really doing it to teach the odd person and my 17 year old son or as a back up, hope you pass the last stage, it's a good job once up and running

• Advertisement

Ok thanks again for your help.

Hi Adina22. Passed my stage 3 first time, absolutely delighted. Got my result yesterday 😌

Congrats that's great I have all my documents too! What area will you cover

I'm goin to work in Kilkenny. I might go a little further if things are very slow starting off

• Registered Users Posts: 3 indhayare

Hi i hv done my part one and two in england used the trainee for a while
    Now i would like to do it in dublin
    Deos anyone know where i can get the CD for the theory ?
    Thanks

Hi does anyone know why most ADI's have their roof signs near the back of the car rather than the Middle of the roof ? Does it save on fuel consumption or anything when it's not up so high in the middle of the roof catching against the wind

Lol. There is no reason, it's proberbly just a case of everyone copying everyone and maybe design of the car may look better at the back, take care in icy weather if you leave headboard on the car, ice can form underneath sending it flying off!! Hope it's all going good

Advertisement