Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a camo manufacturer

Options
  • 29-06-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just ripped the s**t out my helikon tex pants and am looking to replace them.
    Dont want to spend an absolute fortune on it but will defo pay a bit more for something that will last.
    The pattern I can pick later , right now I just want to know who makes tough stuff. The helikon was good and outlasted my mates china stuff by mile but is there any thing out there that's even tougher.
    Any recommendations ?

Thanks

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

British and German army surplus is bullet proof.
    Then bulldog elite tactical ( wearing them today) and defcon 5 also make great cammo's

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thanks Thermo will check em out

No bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Amazon seems to have a decent amount of surplus german flecktarn, looking at some myself. No experience personally with them but seem to have decent reviews on the site

bushball wrote: »
    Amazon seems to have a decent amount of surplus german flecktarn, looking at some myself. No experience personally with them but seem to have decent reviews on the site

The flecktarn stuff is great, I have been using it for years with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

asmc.de have a load of cheap flecktarn stuff. New and surplus.

Thanks for the help lads,
    As Thermo knows flecktarn is the camo for the rentals where i play regularly so I would like something different.
    Dont get me wrong I think it great camo and the surplus stuff is really tough .

I would love kryptek mandrake but the good ones are super expensive and I heard the quality of the clones at the moment is terrible.
    I would also like A-Tacs Fg , was just looking at some by "propper clothing" they seem a darker shade which i like.
    Any one any experience with them.

J-W wrote: »
    Thanks for the help lads,
    As Thermo knows flecktarn is the camo for the rentals where i play regularly so I would like something different.
    Dont get me wrong I think it great camo and the surplus stuff is really tough .

I would love kryptek mandrake but the good ones are super expensive and I heard the quality of the clones at the moment is terrible.
    I would also like A-Tacs Fg , was just looking at some by "propper clothing" they seem a darker shade which i like.
    Any one any experience with them.

You could always look at tropintarn, equally as good as the flecktarn but you won't look like a rental..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

Check out ur-tactical.com , it's a chinese site, but they make good quality gear at a decent enought price if you're a geardo!

Thanks Eoghan I'll check em out

• Advertisement

Have gone for "propper Clothing " A-TACs FG from the states reviews seem to put it in the helicon bracket , not really as good as real issue stuff but good quality for the price.

Just got them off ebay I'll have to risk the wrath of customs. UK tactical had them and would be the better option for delivery time and customs but they where out of stock on the medium regular shirt.

I'll post what there like when I get them.

Then close the thread.

Ciaran

Hi just an update / review on the camo .

All arrived form the states no prob and no customs .
    Gear is very good quality heavy material and good stitching.
    Colour is as in photos and is richer/ deeper than the china A-tacs
    Spoke to a mate at skirmish when he recognised that we had the same gear and he told me his hasn't faded at all in about a year,and it looked almost as fresh as mine.

Sizing is good pants are a bit baggy but that will stop me ripping them as I did my last BDU's
    shirt is tighter but still good , sleeves with there extra cuff material (see on line pics ), is not annoying at all.

Only downside is shirt cotton section UBAC's is very heavy material good for rips and such but really warm, I may not be using the shirt during the summer months. grand for the rest of the year.

Over all I would recommend

Advertisement