Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goggles

Options
  • 29-06-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Could someone recommend me a pair of goggles that won't fog up?

Can't see where I'm going when swimming in the sea with the ones I have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I found my Aqua Sphere Lady Kaimans great for swimming in the sea while on holiday.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

By contrast I found aquaspheres terrible.

You can get antifog solution which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I use the aqua sphere keyenne, never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Zoggs Predator Flex for me, the ones with the polarised lens for outdoor use, works a treat in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Zoggs Predator Flex for me, the ones with the polarised lens for outdoor use, works a treat in my opinion.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Antifog solution will solve the problem.

Most goggles are coated when you get them but over time it will wash/wear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The particular goggles brand or model is not the issue.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rain-81199200-Anti-Fog-Repellent/dp/B002G291SW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1404209936&sr=8-6&keywords=rainex

I tried this hydrophobic solution with great results. Small dab on both sides of lens. Let dry - then buff. No effect on lens or seal integrity and have been using this method for year and a half, despite the warning "Please be aware that it is not recommended for use on plastic surfaces". Available in most motor access shops and there are a few different brands. Muuuch better value than the dedicated little bottles of anti-fog in sports shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

topper75 wrote: »
    The particular goggles brand or model is not the issue.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rain-81199200-Anti-Fog-Repellent/dp/B002G291SW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1404209936&sr=8-6&keywords=rainex

I tried this hydrophobic solution with great results. Small dab on both sides of lens. Let dry - then buff. No effect on lens or seal integrity and have been using this method for year and a half, despite the warning "Please be aware that it is not recommended for use on plastic surfaces". Available in most motor access shops and there are a few different brands. Muuuch better value than the dedicated little bottles of anti-fog in sports shops.

....or you could try the cheaper option of spitting in your goggles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The spitting thing never worked for me - warm goggles or facemask in cold water just fog for me after a few mins. Toothpaste ditto. I needed some kind of hydrophobic coating that didn't restrict vision.

However, if spit works for you griffin100 - go buy icecreams for your swim buddies with the money you saved! :-)

Advertisement