Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

difficulty getting tv channels

• 29-06-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know if there is a problem with Panasonic flat screen HD-ready TV sets making connection with UPC digital boxes?
    My dad regularly has trouble getting any tv channel at all. The TV is powered on with 2 buttons on a remote control that came with the digital box, then a channel is selected using one of the numbered buttons on the same device. However sometimes, in fact, far too often, the process seems to hover over one or two menu items, ie. HD options, instead of going straight to the channel selected with the remote. Then nothing else happens, only a black screen remains with one or two things written on the top corner and bottom. Sometimes the menu stays on the screen. While this is happening, the display on the digital box shows the name of the channel selected plus the programme name.
    So it appears there's no sync between the TV and the digital box.
    UPC just said to press the UPC button on the remote to re-set, but that doesn't work at all sometimes, and I have to reboot the box.
    Such a pain, and a source of great anguish and frustration for my Dad!
    He does subscribe to the basic HD service with UPC and is able to get HD channels ok when the TV is operating normally.
    I don't suppose putting on a new HD cable will make any difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

DC_Gal wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a problem with Panasonic flat screen HD-ready TV sets making connection with UPC digital boxes?
    My dad regularly has trouble getting any tv channel at all. The TV is powered on with 2 buttons on a remote control that came with the digital box, then a channel is selected using one of the numbered buttons on the same device. However sometimes, in fact, far too often, the process seems to hover over one or two menu items, ie. HD options, instead of going straight to the channel selected with the remote. Then nothing else happens, only a black screen remains with one or two things written on the top corner and bottom. Sometimes the menu stays on the screen. While this is happening, the display on the digital box shows the name of the channel selected plus the programme name.
    So it appears there's no sync between the TV and the digital box.
    UPC just said to press the UPC button on the remote to re-set, but that doesn't work at all sometimes, and I have to reboot the box.
    Such a pain, and a source of great anguish and frustration for my Dad!
    He does subscribe to the basic HD service with UPC and is able to get HD channels ok when the TV is operating normally.
    I don't suppose putting on a new HD cable will make any difference?

What UPC box does he have and how is it connected to the TV set?

What HD channels can he receive?

It's difficult to understand from your post if you are describing the TV interface (menus etc) or the UPC box interface?

A new HDMI cable won't set you back much. Perhaps you can borrow one to eliminate the cable being a problem. You should also try connecting the box to another TV set and see if the problem persists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

sounds like he's trying use the TV to control the stations rather then the UPC box, he shouldn't do anything on the TV except turn it on and off once its set to just use the correct HDMI input!!

Advertisement