Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence and adult caution

Options
  • 29-06-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Hi was wondering if an adult caution from about 10 years ago will prevent someone from getting a licence ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Unlikely, but the Super may consider it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭tomtucker81

It is not a conviction. The idea of that system was to avoid people getting brought to court and convicted for minor offences, and then have a conviction on their record. Hardly fair for someone who had a bit too much to drink one night and got arrested.
    Its basically like a chance if you've done something minor. And if you've never been arrested since it worked! You had a chance, avoided a conviction and haven't been bold since.
    I don't think the super can hold that against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I'd still declare it on the application in the interests of full disclosure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it was a caution, no conviction, no court case, then there is no need. Given it's 10 years old too.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Hi was wondering if an adult caution from about 10 years ago will prevent someone from getting a licence ?

The adult caution system was only setup in 2006, 8 years ago. Regardless, unless you have a history of intemperate habbits, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

bravestar wrote: »
    The adult caution system was only setup in 2006, 8 years ago. Regardless, unless you have a history of intemperate habbits, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry I was estimating I think it was in 07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Sorry I was estimating I think it was in 07

No prob . As long as it was a once off and wasn't too bad then you should be grand. Only one way to find out :)

Advertisement