Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre cancellation on move to building with no eircom service

Options
  • 29-06-2014 10:42pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I currently have e-Fibre Advanced Unlimited standalone at 40 euro / month and am 6 months into the contract for the service.

For personal reasons, I'm planning to move house in the next 1-3 months, however the apartment building that I am planning on moving to does not have eircom lines at all, since it is serviced only by Magnet.  Whilst I would stay with eircom since the service has been satisfactory, this is not possible from a technical point of view.  

What is the cancellation charge in this instance?

Is any allowance made for this situation in respect of cancellation charges, since eircom are unable to provide the service to this building?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Red Alert wrote: »
    I currently have e-Fibre Advanced Unlimited standalone at 40 euro / month and am 6 months into the contract for the service.

For personal reasons, I'm planning to move house in the next 1-3 months, however the apartment building that I am planning on moving to does not have eircom lines at all, since it is serviced only by Magnet.  Whilst I would stay with eircom since the service has been satisfactory, this is not possible from a technical point of view.  

What is the cancellation charge in this instance?

Is any allowance made for this situation in respect of cancellation charges, since eircom are unable to provide the service to this building?

Hi Red Alert

The procedure is that if the new premises cannot hold efibre then standard service (DSL) would need to be installed - if an early termination of contract does not want to be incurred.

The best advice I can offer in relation to your new premises is to contact cancellations & house move dept on free phone 1901 to explore your options, they will check you new premises to see if an eircom landline can be installed and take things from there.

Al

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Could I PM you the name of the building so that you could check this in advance? It's a new development in Dublin that has a direct fibre connection to Magnet's network for Broadband and TV. The building manager has said that there are no PSTN lines in the complex. If this proves to be the case, is the cancellation charge in full still liable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Red Alert wrote: »
    Could I PM you the name of the building so that you could check this in advance? It's a new development in Dublin that has a direct fibre connection to Magnet's network for Broadband and TV. The building manager has said that there are no PSTN lines in the complex. If this proves to be the case, is the cancellation charge in full still liable?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Red Alert

Sure PM me the address & I'll check. I'm unaware of the situation surrounding the cancellation fee if a line can’t be installed and this will need to be checked with the cancellations department on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement